The Sewing Place

Stoffland - If I only had access to this store

Margarita

Re: Stoffland - If I only had access to this store
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 21:15:00 PM »

is it unfair to tell you that this shop is just 30min away from my town? :P

Completely unfair, but I'm happy to hear it actually exists and somebody has access to it. I would go for the buttons alone! LOL

Sometimes the hunt for the quality fabric is fun.  :D

Thanks for posting about it.

Tamnymore

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 21:45:21 PM »
II usually try to work in a bit of fabric shopping when on holiday  I've not been to Graz but I have fabric shopped in Vienna- which was quite expensive.
Last summer I had a load of fabric shopping lined up in Berlin but it just got so hot I abandoned most of the shopping.
This summer we are thinking of the Outer Hebrides where I'm.hoping nit to be too hot.... I can hear the Harris tweed calling....
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Efemera

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 09:32:04 AM »
Are these of any use @BrendaP

BrendaP

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 10:17:30 AM »
Thank you @Efemera for that kind offer, but these have now arrived and the colours are good for the jacket.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Only problem is they need a bigger buttonhole than the Singer buttonholer will make in one pass, so I now have to decide between:
  using the buttonholer and shunting the fabric along and then back to make a longer buttonhole   >:)
  using the 4-step buttonhole on the Husqvarna, which nearly always ends up with non-parallel sides ><
  hand sewing the buttonholes  :thread:
  making bound or piped buttonholes  :S

At the moment I'm leaning towards the bound variety, but ...
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.