The Sewing Place

Hi there!

indigotiger

Hi there!
« on: May 13, 2019, 03:40:29 AM »
I followed a comment that Ruthie made on her blog, and found my way here... saw some familiar names and lots of new maybe future friends! I have been sewing since I was in single digits, started out hand sewing and made my first dress on the sewing machine at age eleven. That was over fifty years ago, and I am still at it.

I sew mostly clothing for myself, since that way I can get the look and fit that pleases me (my figure mostly resembles the Little Teapot - short and stout).  RTW clothing is not my best option. My favorite fabrics to sew are natural fibers, especially linen, though I love wearing light drapey rayon in the heat of summer. My favorite designer is Gudrun Sjoden. I make all my own clothing pretty much, except for lingerie, shoes, and socks. I also do medieval and viking age historic recreation as a hobby, so there are sometimes pretty unusual sewing projects happening here.

I live in a little house in Portland Oregon, in the Pacific Northwest part of the USA. We have mostly rainy winters, and long dry sunny summers here, so clothing for a range of climate is needed, which I mostly deal with by wearing layers. I mostly focus on garment sewing, with a few side trips to things like bags and cushion covers. I have been knitting almost as long as I have been sewing (thank you Mom for the inspiration and instruction when I was a girl), and occasionally knit myself a pullover or cardigan.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 05:09:37 AM by Manuela »
Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage: Acorn Cottage Artisanry

Manuela

Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 05:13:41 AM »
Welcome to The Sewing Place @indigotiger, good to see you here. I edited your post to remove the links - sent you a pm  :)
Have a cup of  :drink: and look around here, you’ll find quite a number of familiar names  ;). We are a friendly and chatty bunch, you’ll fit right in here. Oh, and we looooooooooove pictures  :loveit:

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 08:51:06 AM »
Hello there....have a seat! :drink:

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 08:55:16 AM »
A big welcome from me too indigotiger!  Look forward to seeing some of your projects!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

fajita

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 08:58:43 AM »
Welcome, @indigotiger  :flower: :drink:

snoozi soozi

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 09:34:43 AM »
Hi there @indigotiger good to hear from you, please keep us informed as to what you're busy with, we're I'm a nosey-parker  :sew:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Starryfish

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 09:35:20 AM »
Hello @indigotiger , and welcome. I follow your blog and wondered when you would find your way here!
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Celia

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 09:36:56 AM »
Good to see you here, I think a lot of us found our way through @Ruthie even if she does not know it

Helen M

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 09:59:26 AM »
Hi @indigotiger lovely to see you here! Look forward to seeing your garments.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 10:01:17 AM »
Hello @indigotiger lovely to see you.

So glad that my blog posts have encouraged a few people to come over to TSP, its a lovely chatty site with lots of knowledge.

annieeg

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 12:32:43 PM »
@indigotiger
Welcome to TSP (I share a similar body shape to you, so always struggle with fit).
 :drink:  :snip:

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 13:10:44 PM »
Welcome from a fellow teapot, except I'm tall and very stout  0_0

Nevis5

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 13:12:30 PM »
Hello, @indigotiger  ! I've read your blog for a while and have also seen your photos etc on SG.  Good to have you here  :toast: x

Morzel

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2019, 13:15:15 PM »
Hey indigotiger,
I also just joined in and am happy to see you here! Your garments are really special (and specially nice) and you should venture into knitting more often, as I think your new sweater (that beautiful one with the multiple blue hues at the yoke) is wonderful!
Eva

hernibs

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2019, 15:04:23 PM »
....and here's another welcome from another 'teapot' - hope you enjoy the folks here...we are all friendly.