The Sewing Place

Well this was a yikes.

Kwaaked

Well this was a yikes.
« on: May 15, 2019, 19:41:09 PM »
I just got contacted to do an alteration on a swimsuit.  Problem is, the bust is way too small and the cutouts make it impossible to add so I have to redraft and resew half of it.

By the 27th of May.

I quoted $325.  I have sticker shock myself.
That is $125 for the fabric and supplies
$150 for the tops
and a $50 rush fee since there is less then 2 weeks

Part of the problem is that I can order tomorrow, nothing will be sent until Monday at least, I'll get it Thursday leaving me with 3 days to do all the work and have it delivered and any issues fixed that Monday. 

Yikes.

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Well this was a yikes.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 20:02:03 PM »
How much??   :o  For a swimsuit?  :o  It must be a very special one!

snoozi soozi

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 20:19:10 PM »
Reckon I'd just buy another cossie  :[
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Kwaaked

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 20:42:39 PM »
yeah, I got a chance to look at it a bit more then 10 minutes and it would have been considerably lower, but one was making an entire bra out of spandex and the other wasn't as bad.

Works out though, I have 3 more dresses to finish by the end of the month then I am taking the summer off.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 09:42:04 AM »
yeah, I got a chance to look at it a bit more then 10 minutes and it would have been considerably lower, but one was making an entire bra out of spandex and the other wasn't as bad.

Que?  :S  :S
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Kwaaked

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 12:42:33 PM »
@snoozi soozi  the bathing suits were one pieces with cutouts or tops just attached to bottoms.

One was a bra attached at the underbust to the lower part of the suit.  The other was an asymmetrical faux wrap top. 

No one brings anything in to my shop, for the most part because they all want the better deal.  Which is fine, but it means I get a lot of photos and asked.  Or they have already been turned down by the others because I can work on anything. (I am also the "newest" place so there is also that).  And usually I don't brain fart on estimates.

Yesterday, I got my supplies...and then my mind went somewhere else.  She also was wanting the estimate in a hurry because it was the end of her work day.  So I gave one, then while I was closing my own place, it was like...Oh crap.  That was wrong.