The Sewing Place

FBA - Yet again

annieeg

Re: FBA - Yet again
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 16:10:48 PM »
Yes, @Morgan, I do need the hands-on explanation I'm afraid.
(There's only one person who lives in my part of the world (and to whom I would willingly travel to and pay a fair hourly rate for the tuition), but I don't think that person has the time to teach - not that I've asked directly  ;)..)

annieeg

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 16:34:10 PM »
Yes, @Morgan, I do need the hands-on explanation I'm afraid.
(There's only one person who lives in my part of the world (and to whom I would willingly travel to and pay a fair hourly rate for the tuition), but I don't think that person has the time to teach - not that I've asked directly  ;)..)

I realise that this may have read a bit clumsily so I wanted to tweak it a bit:

(So far as I am aware there's only one person who lives in my part of the world but I don't think that person has the time to teach - not that I've asked directly  ;)..)
(Just to say I would willingly travel and pay a fair hourly rate for the tuition.)
If there is anyone who lives in the East Sussex/Kent area who is interested in teaching me an FBA on a 1-2-1 basis I would be delighted to hear from them. :)

annieeg

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 10:04:16 AM »
I have positive news on the FBA front - a fairy godmother known as @Holly Berry  :flower: :flower:  :flower: generously gave me the benefit of her time and expertise on Monday afternoon to take me through the FBA process and what a difference it makes!
It was a genuine EUREKA moment for me and, by coincidence, it was my birthday so I had the best birthday present ever.
I'll make up the top from the adjusted pattern and post a picture. 0_0

(Equally importantly - her  :woof: :woof: are gorgeous.)

Long live the power of TSP!
Annie

annieeg

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 10:06:41 AM »
Just wanted to give a shout-out to @Elnnina  :flower: who messaged me some very, very helpful information also.

Elnnina

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 10:11:06 AM »
My pleasure Annie, and I am so glad that you have actually got this sorted, now for more FBA's on other patterns.  Yes that was kind of Hollyberry to come and help you out - yes it is amazing what TSP does - we all have the ability to sew and it is nice to be able to help one another out.  Twopence on TSP I have known for nearly 40 years, she used to live in my village, but has moved away but we are still in touch and she was here with me on Monday so that was nice.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2019, 14:50:22 PM »
@annieeg that’s great news.  I love seeing people's faces when they suddenly 'get it'. 
And it makes such a huge difference to the fit.  Look forward to seeing the top.  :shirt:

Morgan

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2019, 15:07:19 PM »
Go Annie, Go Annie and kudos to HollyBerry.

I'm so pleased to know the light bulb is lit

Holly Berry

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2019, 15:20:49 PM »
It was a pleasure to help you and the look on your face when you tried on the adjusted pattern made it all worthwhile. Yes, it does seem to be magic. As I said to you, it has become my sewing mission in life that all of us who don’t fit into the pattern drafters world of slim 20 something with a B cup, to be able to adjust patterns to fit.
Procrastination get behind me