The Sewing Place

ISO Lingerie Elastic

b15erk

ISO Lingerie Elastic
« on: May 16, 2019, 11:12:21 AM »
Many years ago in the time of the old forum, I bought many metres of soft sided men's pyjama elastic from Tiggersew.  It was excellent, and has lasted me all this time as I only used it when the elastic was exposed.

I'm just on my last bit, after that I will be without this amazing elastic. So, my search is on to replace it.  I've found some on Amazon, but they have warning signs by the company (does this mean they are Chinese, or just dodgy?), and the only other is on Ebay, again from China.

I know Prym and Dritz do it, but the price is a bit eye watering.

Can anyone help?

Jessie

eta, I know Mike (ex Tiggersew) is on this forum, but can't remember his new username, and anyway, I doubt he'll still be selling elastic...  ;)
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ellabella

Re: ISO Lingerie Elastic
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 11:27:36 AM »
Wasn't Fran after some of this? I'm sure someone had a source.

Ellabella

wrenkins

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 11:38:40 AM »
Come in @Mikerb1972. Jessie needs your elastic!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 11:41:17 AM »
That link was really good @Ellabella , but got to the checkout, and the postage was nearly £4 for just 6 mtrs.  Am I being mean, or just used to using Amazon Prime?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Kad

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 13:04:55 PM »
@b15erk ,

If you're stuck I have some of what I think you're after at home, the only thing is that I'm not, and won't be for another 5 days. As far as I remember, there are 7/8 m or so of the soft feeling 4cm wide ish elastic, of the type found on men's PJ's and boxers. It's navy but has lettering on it.
If you still need some at the end of next week let me know, and as I think we live nearby you could have a look before you decide.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Celia

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 13:15:43 PM »
I got some from Fabricland but it was some time ago, I bought a whole reel as I make my son boxer shorts. I think this is it  https://www.fabricland.co.uk/product/boxer-short-elastic-2-5cm-wide/

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 14:25:49 PM »
@Kad that's a really kind offer, I will bear it in mind - enjoy your break!

@Celia that's the stuff, and it's a reasonable price too!  Thank you!

Jessie

Sewbusy

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 16:29:09 PM »
@b15erk  I have some of the elastic from Tiggersew, blue/white or white/blue. How much did you want?

Tiggersew is on here as Mikerb1975 wa driving him home and he got a notification that he had been mentioned on here.

We are still good friends so I know he gave away lots of the  elastic when he moved house.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 16:33:47 PM by Sewbusy »

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 16:31:51 PM »
@Sewbusy .  Really?  Do you have a few metres I could buy off you?  It was really good quality, and it's lasted me all this time.

Jessie

Sewbusy

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 16:37:22 PM »
@Sewbusy .  Really?  Do you have a few metres I could buy off you?  It was really good quality, and it's lasted me all this time.

Jessie
Not too sure how much I have but a good amount , it's in a carrier bag in the sewing room, I 'll check what's there and let you know. Is it the blu or the white, or either or both. Decisions decisions.

No charge except for postage it was given to me, so I will do the same.

b15erk

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 16:39:55 PM »
@Sewbusy , I'll have as much as you can spare, but please let me pay you.

On my way home now, but PM me tomorrow with a price.  :)

And Thank You!

Jessie