The Sewing Place

Greetings

Ann

Greetings
« on: May 16, 2019, 12:18:53 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am a fellow sewist from Nova Scotia Canada. I have been sewing for over 50 years, probably closer to 60 years. I found my way here when @Manuela was mentioned as being a moderator on another forum. Then I saw other familiar names when I popped over here to have a look. Thank you for accepting me and I look forward to connecting with old friends and meeting new people.

I sew a lot of items for dolls as I am a tester for designers. I also knit and test patterns also. I will continue to do that. I also love to sew craft items and hope to start sewing clothes for myself. My sewing is basically on hold while our basement is being redone. We came home to water down there after a nasty storm and frozen ground. That was 6 weeks ago.

I'm looking forward to joining into the discussions and sharing what I know and have made.

Once again, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this forum.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

b15erk

Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 12:39:40 PM »
A big welcome from me @Ann  Look forward to seeing some of your projects!

Jessie
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 14:51:23 PM by Francesca »
  • Ann likes this
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Manuela

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 13:17:57 PM »
Welcome to The Sewing Place @Ann, nice to see you here. We even have a sewing for dolls section, you’ll feel right a home in. Sorry to hear about the flood, I remember you re-did this space only a couple of years or so ago.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 14:51:31 PM by Francesca »
  • Ann likes this

Ann

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 13:29:45 PM »
Welcome to The Sewing Place @Ann, nice to see you here. We even have a sewing for dolls section, you’ll feel right a home in. Sorry to hear about the flood, I remember you re-did this space only a couple of years or so ago.

@Manuela, this is a new sewing room. We moved across Canada 18 months ago and we painted this sewing room 6 months ago. Was a total surprise to arrive home from Halifax to find the whole basement was flooded. I'll post pictures on the right thread to show you what it looks like when it's done.

I am looking forward to joining in on the doll section. I have had fun with my dolls and I have a new collection of girls. The ones I had before were adopted by some lovely children and are happy in their new homes.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 14:51:40 PM by Francesca »
Stash Busting 2023

Manuela

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 13:40:54 PM »
Oh noooooooooo  :o

Stitches

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 14:08:05 PM »
Hi and welcome Ann from me
  • Ann likes this

Kenora

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 14:09:01 PM »
Welcome from me too - very nice to meet you. :flower:
  • Ann likes this
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Helen M

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 15:43:16 PM »
Hello Ann! Nice to see you over here and I look forward to seeing the new dolls and their wonderful outfits.

I replied to you on PR about a book you recommended on decluttering on SG but I'm not sure if recognised me from SG. Hope the flood damage repair work is getting done.

• Ann likes this
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

fajita

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 15:58:33 PM »
Hi, @Ann , Welcome  :flower: :drink:
  • Ann likes this

Nevis5

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 16:02:19 PM »
Hello @Ann  and welcome from me, too :toast:  I'm so sorry to hear about your sewing room; that's so upsetting.  Your dolls' clothes are beautiful; your patience is amazing (I've seen the pics on SG).   Look forward to seeing lots more once you're back in action.  Fingers crossed it's not too long before that happens xx
  • Ann likes this

Surest1tch

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 16:03:04 PM »
Hi there, a very warm welcome from me too  :D
  • Ann likes this

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 16:47:49 PM »
Hello and welcome  :)
  • Ann likes this

Ann

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 16:55:10 PM »
Hello Ann! Nice to see you over here and I look forward to seeing the new dolls and their wonderful outfits.

I replied to you on PR about a book you recommended on decluttering on SG but I'm not sure if recognised me from SG. Hope the flood damage repair work is getting done.

I probably didn't recognize you on PR. I am going to have to declutter once again after we get our basement back. I've let things go as we are cramped in the upstairs. I'll have to get out the trash bags and go at it. I'm wanting that minimalist look back again.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 16:57:12 PM »
Hello @Ann  and welcome from me, too :toast:  I'm so sorry to hear about your sewing room; that's so upsetting.  Your dolls' clothes are beautiful; your patience is amazing (I've seen the pics on SG).   Look forward to seeing lots more once you're back in action.  Fingers crossed it's not too long before that happens xx

The contractor will be done tomorrow. Then I will do some touch up and a bit of cleaning. We need the electrician and plumber back before the restoration crew arrives to clean and move us back downstairs. We are anxiously awaiting that day.
Stash Busting 2023

Sewingsue

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 17:42:01 PM »
Welcome, Ann.
  • Ann likes this
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.