The Sewing Place

Sewing For Dolls

Ann

Re: Sewing For Dolls
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2019, 10:14:51 AM »
@b15erk, thank you for the kind comment on the dress. I love it also. It turned out just like I wanted it to.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Ann

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 17:42:47 PM »
I tested a pattern and made a pleated skirt. A few things I would personally do different making it another time but overall a good pattern.

I used a dark denim chambray and wouldn't use it again. It is light weight and holds the pleats nicely but with a white thread in it, it looks like I have loose threads in a couple of spots.

I will make the left front a bit bigger also. I like having a bit of extra fabric under the front of wrap skirt. I won't use the claps the next time but buttons and snaps.
Stash Busting 2023

b15erk

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 09:03:05 AM »
Another lovely outfit Ann!  What a well turned out Dolly!

Jessie
  • Ann likes this
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

KayK

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 13:05:22 PM »
Wow!  Gorgeous outfit, and beautifully made, well done you!
  • Ann likes this
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Ann

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 16:35:57 PM »
Thank you @KayK and @b15erk. I enjoy sewing for the dolls.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2019, 10:41:08 AM »
I've added to the plaid dress. As it was a very wet day (3.25" of rain fell), I decided to finish up a sun hat to go with the plaid dress. I finished the inside of the hat so no seams show.

Next up is to knit a bolero to go with this outfit.
Stash Busting 2023

Helen M

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2019, 11:49:02 AM »
Ann I adore this outfit!
  • Ann likes this
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Ann

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2019, 11:01:23 AM »
@Helen M, thank you about the dress and hat. Sorry, I took so long to answer.

The hat has been tweaked as the ribbon and yarn would not match in the end. The right color ribbon was too wide, new bolero was still off from the ribbon. In the end, I made a flower.

The new bolero had it's issues (me) and I have started a new one with some new techniques being used. I'm really picky so this isn't unusual for me.

It will soon be done and I'll be happy.
Stash Busting 2023

b15erk

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2019, 11:06:29 AM »
Oh @Ann, that bolero is gorgeous!  It is exactly like one I made several times for DGD Lilya!  They were so useful.

The rest of the outfit is just lovely.  A very well dressed dolly.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Nevis5

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2019, 12:00:09 PM »
So cute!  You are so clever, @Ann   (not to mention patient!) x

Ann

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2019, 12:17:01 PM »
Thank you for the kind words on the doll's clothes. I enjoy sewing them even though they can be finicky at times.

I had a cut once, cuss twice day and made a skirt too small for the 18" American Girl dolls. I carefully fixed the skirt so it fits the Gotz Girls. Anna happily modeled it but mentioned she thinks it would be perfect with a white t-shirt and white capris.

I'm sure she wants those two items as she can wear it with white sneakers. Crafty girl.

I did get the skirt made in the right size. I'm knitting a hat and sweater to go with it. I did  hear whisperings of needing a white t-shirt to go with the outfit. Bling added please.
Stash Busting 2023

Acorn

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2019, 17:57:41 PM »
That is lovely - and I love the expression on her face, and her body language.  She knows she's beautiful, but is a bit impatient to go off and do her own thing.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ann

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2019, 10:23:10 AM »
That is lovely - and I love the expression on her face, and her body language.  She knows she's beautiful, but is a bit impatient to go off and do her own thing.

That's Anna (doll's name). She has quite the personality and I love her. She is a tomboy who cleans up nicely as they say.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2019, 11:52:45 AM »
I made a summer dress for the dolls. It was a bit of a challenge as the instructions were not the best and the pictures were dark. I slugged on and got it done. I have problems finding eyelet lace so I used a lace trim and zig-zagged it on.

There is a embroidery package that goes with the dress and it does the eyelet lace on the ruffles (two widths) and the two different sleeves. I did a test of the embroidery and I'm pleased with the results. Now to figure out the best size hoop to make enough for an outfit in custom colors.

Stash Busting 2023

annieeg

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2019, 13:16:00 PM »
so cute 0_0