The Sewing Place

Sewing For Dolls

Ann

Re: Sewing For Dolls
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2020, 11:34:02 AM »
I spent some time sewing DH a shirt and decided to use up the scraps to make Kit a summer wardrobe. The goal was to use only left over fabric from other projects. The check is left over from DH's shirt, the chambray from ?? and the yarn from other doll's knitting. I had to buy snaps and buttons as I ran out or had none. The ladybug button was in the stash.

I made 9 pieces for Kit's wardrobe and one pattern for everything but the jacket and hat. I have to say the pattern was well used.






It was a fun and satisfying project after having had a failed project and burn out. I actually took a month off from pattern testing as I was not doing well with the stress of having to meet short deadlines. I'm back again with a goal of only 1 item a month.
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 50 metres
So far: 20.7 meters

Ann

Re: Sewing For Dolls
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2020, 12:31:03 PM »
Another dress done. This time for Anna. It's the start of her wardrobe. I chose to pin tuck the bodice and do a patchwork skirt.


The back skirt has the two green panels sewn together so a lesson learned for the next time I make this for the other dolls.


Now onto another item for her wardrobe.
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 50 metres
So far: 20.7 meters

Efemera

Re: Sewing For Dolls
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2020, 12:39:15 PM »
They’re just so cute....

Ann

Re: Sewing For Dolls
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2020, 10:33:15 AM »
@Efemera, thank you.
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 50 metres
So far: 20.7 meters

Ann

Re: Sewing For Dolls
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2020, 05:39:23 AM »
Anna's second item for her wardrobe is a pair of overalls. This pair has a bit of a girlie look to it with a bow on the front. It was fun to make with a lot of pieces that went together like a puzzle. Not hard to do - just had to read the instructions carefully before I sewed the pieces together.


Next is a blouse by the same designer. It has a lot of pieces in it and I'm looking forward to making it.
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 50 metres
So far: 20.7 meters

Ann

Re: Sewing For Dolls
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2020, 10:36:13 AM »
I finished a test sweater and it has a sailor collar. I like it but doubt if I'd knit it again.


I also made Anna a pair of capri length leggings. A very simple sew but the pattern fits the dolls to perfection.


There was enough fabric left over from the children's capris (bought) that I made 2 more pairs for Lily and Laura.
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 50 metres
So far: 20.7 meters