The Sewing Place

Sewing For Dolls

Marniesews

Re: Sewing For Dolls
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2021, 22:29:08 PM »
This really is a cut above @Ann:loveit:
  • Ann likes this
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Ann

« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2021, 10:50:17 AM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone. This one was an interesting sew. People want it to be lined but the designer felt it was one step too many. It might have been.

Testing is done for this month so it's back to making Xmas gifts. I hope to cut out 1.3 meters of fabric today.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Ann

« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2021, 16:08:59 PM »
I have wanted to sew this blouse pattern forever. I cut it out when making DH his last shirt and then had not time to make it. I made time the last two days to sew it up. It is a lovely pattern called Bella Blouse and can be found on Pixie Faire.

I spent a lot of time fussy cutting it and it was worth every minute. The lines match up perfectly all the way around including the darts and tucks.

I will make this blouse again as it is well constructed and fits the doll well. It has two sizes for the dolls for a better fit. I cut the bigger size as this is one of my fatter dolls.
Stash Busting 2023

Marniesews

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2021, 19:15:26 PM »
I won't be sewing any school uniforms for the dolls having spent 11 begrudging school years myself in uniforms that I hated.

Nevertheless, there's some lovely work here @Ann so I can definitely appreciate that!  :loveit:
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Ann

« Reply #139 on: September 08, 2021, 22:11:23 PM »
I did another test pattern for September. It is the 1930's Frock by Keepers Dolly Duds. A cute pattern but a lot of fabric in the front bodice and sleeves -- 5 layers to be exact.

I do like the dresses from this era. They are quite cute.
Stash Busting 2023

toileandtrouble

« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2021, 00:06:10 AM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    I made these jeans for my doll. No idea what the fabric is, it is too thin to be useful for real clothing but scales up nicely for the doll. It is really fiddly, changing from sewing to top stitching every 5 minutes and I'm afraid not as neat as it ought to be. I could probably have made some for myself in the time.
I did two pairs at once -  helped consolidate what I learnt about working small and not much longer than making one pair.  A neighbour's daughter has a similar doll, I gave her the second pair. Got a great smile!
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Ann

« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2021, 10:26:12 AM »
@toileandtrouble, those jeans are a  :perfect10:. You did an amazing job on them. Love them with the blouse. Perfect outfit. Isn't it nice when a child loves receiving a gift of doll clothes. I have to put together another small bag of items for the child I have been sewing for. She gets so excited when she gets a parcel.
Stash Busting 2023

toileandtrouble

« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2021, 11:05:09 AM »
Thanks @Ann, it was fun - sort of.   I can do small, I can do fraying fabric but the two together? Not good. Might try again with better fabric but that was all I had at the time.

Ann

« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2021, 11:50:36 AM »
I was happy to get back to sewing historical clothing. This one is from the late 1700's. The skirt and apron were the easy parts, the top and hat were more time consuming. But overall, I am happy with the outfit.

Without the hat and apron.

The next pattern I will test will be from the same era but it will be skirt, vest, blouse, apron and hat.
Stash Busting 2023

Esme866

« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2021, 04:14:51 AM »
@toileandtrouble Do the jeans have elastic at the back to keep them up? They're really cute, but I don't think I see any elastic in the front.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2021, 09:02:58 AM »
Yes, there is elastic. I try to work it round the back so the front sits well.  The pattern is Bootcut Jeans from Liberty Jane.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2021, 09:04:37 AM »
@Ann That outfit works so well.  I would feel really ladylike wearing that!

Ann

« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2021, 11:14:07 AM »
@toileandtrouble, I quite like the Liberty Jane jeans pattern and have made it several time. I like how the elastic is at the back so the front sits flat.

The outfit certainly does make one feel ladylike wearing it. There is another colonial era pattern out to proof read and test that I will make later on. I'll just proof read the pattern as I have to do some Xmas sewing.

Stash Busting 2023

Marniesews

« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2021, 00:13:23 AM »
You're putting me to shame I'm afraid. No doll sewing here recently but must get back to it if all 7 dolls are to have a full wardrobe for their new owners by Christmas!

toileandtrouble

« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2021, 13:20:04 PM »
When you are test sewing, do you get to try the 'final' version, or is that compiled from the testers comments?
I have just bought a pattern and I cannot make the pieces line up as they should.  I'm amazed no-one else has reported it, so I am thinking  a mistake got in after the testing stage.