The Sewing Place

Sewing For Dolls

toileandtrouble

Re: Sewing For Dolls
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2022, 22:27:40 PM »
@Ann that is the pattern I used for my boy doll pyjamas, but mine have a definitely old fashioned look to them. I do like them though. At the moment I am using up the fabrics I bought for masks for doll skirts and dresses.  Must get pictures.  Isn't it satisfying to turn odd shaped remnants into something good?
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Ann

« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2022, 11:38:13 AM »
@toileandtrouble, it is really satisfying to use up odd shapes of fabric into something good. I have used up left over fabric from DH's shirt fabrics which makes cute dresses and tops for the dolls.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

toileandtrouble

« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2022, 10:26:36 AM »
One result- avert your eyes, Scottish ladies.  Not elegantly finished @Ann, just for fun. From some left over mask fabric, only shavings left now.  No pattern, just saw what pieces I had and juggled them. The inner waistband is pieced  from 5 tiny bits. The pleats are really small but have to go with what you have. I have a better pin, a bit larger and silver coloured. Must replace it. Fastened with a narrow strip of velcro.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
 I have some other things waiting to be photographed.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2022, 11:27:11 AM »
Good use of scraps @toileandtrouble

Ann

« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2022, 11:35:08 AM »
@toileandtrouble, that is one cute skirt. You did an amazing job on it. And you used up left over fabric which is wonderful.

I haven't started anything new but finished 2 potholders yesterday. I hope to start cutting out a few projects that I can sew on when I have time.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2022, 21:54:27 PM »
 I decided to make the Antheia top by again and I paired it with the Edwardian walking skirt that I tested a couple of years ago. It turned out exactly how I had visioned. The bonus -- finding 4 flower buttons in the exact color in the stash.
Jeannie is ready for a promenade in the park and tea with her friends afterwards.

Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2022, 12:29:38 PM »
I made the 1914 Frock by Keepers Dolly Duds. It is made from the remaining fabric from the Edwardian walking outfit I made last month. This frock talked to me each step of the way and it certainly took some twists and turns along the way. Monochromatic was in and it presented some challenges. Lace was out, top stitching in for better definition of the pieces. Flowers were added to give some interest as it was pretty boring. I dug through both the machine embroidery thread and notions stash several times. The dress even called that I add flowers to a barrette to finish the look. In the end, I am happy with the results. So is Kit who is modeling the dress for me.

Stash Busting 2023

toileandtrouble

« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2022, 13:22:21 PM »
Very smart.  I like her designs and you have done a grand job.  I'm going to make some 'play' dresses next, just for my little friend.  I don't want anything too involved at the moment.

Ann

« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2022, 20:11:38 PM »
@toileandtrouble, I'm doing some Christmas gifts and gift pouches right now. Then onto a couple of bowl cozies for DD and DSIL's lunch bags. Next month I want to make a Regency era dress for the dolls. I'm looking forward to doing some sewing in this era as I loved the dresses worn in Bridgerton. The colors of those dresses aren't historically accurate and neither will be mine. I'm using up the stash at this time.
Stash Busting 2023

toileandtrouble

« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2022, 12:26:27 PM »
Hi @Ann hope you are having a relatively quiet time.  I have used some more bits from stash but yesterday picked up something new.  Two sample curtains at 50p each.  Absolutely no use except as fabric.  I am going to make some glamorous party dresses for my little friends dolls.  The colour is probably not going to show up  but they are shocking pink and deep burgundy.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Ann

« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2022, 17:14:51 PM »
 @toileandtrouble, those drapes are perfect for doll clothes. Love the colors.

It has been pretty good here lately. DH has had a few restless nights for some unknown reason. Most days he has pain which we can't figure out. Could be from unknown stress or anxiety. When we walk around or do things, he is fine. I've done a bit of sewing and the one item I wanted to make was a flop. Not doll clothes. Today I won't sew as I'm tired but I do have a doll's sweater on the needles. Am testing it for a friend. Simple pattern that doesn't take a lot of attention to follow and can be tossed down quickly if I need to tail after DH if he's having a delusion.

Have fun sewing dresses. The sweater I'm knitting is for my little friend's dolls. I want to make her some more clothes plus do some Regency era dresses for my dolls.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2022, 13:08:00 PM »
I've had a few wonderful days of sewing. I got 2 items made for the little girl I sew for. I made a t-shirt which I glammed up with crystals.

I also made a jumper which goes with the t-shirt. The pattern is well drafted and easy to make.

Not sure when I will start the Regency dress.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2022, 21:51:13 PM »
The Regency dress is completed and I forgot to post it. I used View C of Simplicity 9438. It took me quite a while to make as I have been dealing with DH who has Alzheimer's and, up until this past Saturday was been hard to deal with. I worked on it while respite was here or when I could sneak down to the sewing room and do 5-10 minutes.

I used the wrong side of a satin fabric I had. It looks like silk. I used left over flowers from some lace and hand appliqued them onto the front and around the hem on the back. Two were put on the bodice. I added pearls to the flowers that had none and restrung those flowers that had beads on them.

The overlay was made out of the lace which was left over from a doll's bridal gown I made in 2017. The trim came in a suprise package from a friend who lives in the US. It was perfect for this outfit. I also added pearls to the flowers that had none and restrung those flowers that did have them.

I have to say that I am proud of this outfit as it turned out exactly how I wanted it. And everything came out of the stash or was gifted to me. I hope to make a pair of Plain Jane shoes out of the satin to go with this outfit.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2022, 11:55:39 AM »
I am now working on a blue and yellow outfit for the little girl I sew for. I got the cotton fabric part done. I love the capri pants and will make them again. The fit is good and they are cute.

I am not a fan of the top. It is cut in one piece. As there are no shoulder seams, it does not fit well at the neckline and shoulders. I won't be making it again.

Next up is a t-shirt and capri length leggings. The t-shirt is to have crystals on the front. I have to look to see if I have more yellow ones or if I need to alternate with clear crystals. Then I'm going to make shoes to go with the outfit.

Stash Busting 2023

sewminds

« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2022, 03:01:36 AM »
@Ann I know you've finished, but would it be worth placing a dart in the back shoulder area so it's not seen from the front to make it sit better?

It's a lovely little set.
Sew it needs juice!