The Sewing Place

When one became two

Vegegrow

When one became two
« on: April 14, 2017, 16:17:44 PM »
Current projects are these qayg  single bed quilts originally planned as a double.... fabric bought at random with no pattern planned and added to with a quick hit on Doughteys to buy some more browns and creams.. as I had to do 2 I decided a disappearing 9 patch would  do and ended up with 20" blocks  20 per cover joined  4x5 ...a border of dark brown and a stripe to bind are planned ... pics when completed but don't hold your breath....
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Lantana

Re: When one became two
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 16:29:15 PM »
Looking good so far Vegegrow,  :)

:vintage:

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 16:34:27 PM »
Looks great Veggie, I find the disappearing 9 patch quite complicate if you lose track of the 2 small middle squares ........ it sometimes disappears right up it's own rear end  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

twopence

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 21:18:09 PM »
Looking good Veg.  I have a disappearing nine patch ready for the borders but won't be able to do the rest for a while until I can get to layer it up.

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 09:32:48 AM »
Well finished earlier than expected as a had a virus thingy and sat and hand stitched  :thread: for a couple of days
QAYG squares .. totally random quilting patterns as I have a new machine and wanted to try the stitches. just stitched the central cross and then all the oblongs.. quite pleased with the result .. although there one that irritates me I may well have to unpick it...
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 09:39:14 AM »
Hope you're better now Veg? You're quilts are beautiful.  Which is the one that irritates you?  They look very harmonious to me....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ellabella

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 09:44:07 AM »
Really nice work Vege, just hope the one you want to pull out is on an edge.

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:17 AM »
Looks lovely Vege. Hope you're feeling well enough to admire your own work.
I find joining qayg blocks fiddly so hats off to you, not a pucker in sight  :flower:

Lantana

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 10:04:31 AM »
They are really lovely! Glad you were able to turn your disadvantage (the bug) into advantage (getting these done). Well done  :)

Oh and while I'm at it .... I've been trying to find a thread of yours for ages where I can slip in how much I LOVE your avatar! Everytime she pops up on a thread I smile  :) <3 :)

Lanty  :vintage:

Lowena

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 10:05:37 AM »
That's a selfie donchaknow  :D :D

Vegegrow

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 10:06:40 AM »
Luckily its not a square that annoys me its this quilting stitch Makes me think of a scar on Frankenstein's face...  0_0

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 10:07:42 AM »
Oh yes, I see what you mean  :D

b15erk

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 10:09:24 AM »
We have a saying, 'A blind man on horseback would be glad to see that'.

But, point taken, it's a small thing and easily sorted.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lantana

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 10:13:45 AM »
That's a selfie donchaknow  :D :D

Well I find it very hard to imagine Vege looking anything other than that!  :)

Lanty  :vintage:

Lowena

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 10:20:33 AM »
It's the Suffolk air wot does it Lanty  ;)