The Sewing Place

Vintage CWS Federation sewing machine

BrendaP

Re: Vintage CWS Federation sewing machine
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2019, 18:30:04 PM »

Brenda, interestingly the little zipper foot I  have mentioned actually has the Singer name on it and a number 161127, this is an adjustable foot and the actual foot is hinged.  I will have to get the machine up on to a table again to measure the distance from the foot to feed dog - she is rather heavy and I don't do bending very well - it affects my balance/head.

Yep, that's the same number as on mine, so if it fits your machine all the other low shank Singer attachments will fit - no need to measure anything. :loveit:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Elnnina

Re: Vintage CWS Federation sewing machine
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2019, 17:58:15 PM »
Thanks Brenda, that is so useful to know.  Annoyingly as I mentioned I gave away to the African Charity  most of my attachments, including the hemstitcher which was boxed separately, and now I have remembered I also gave them two different buttonholers, a Griest one that had various extra pieces in for making different buttonholes, and one by Vanguard - I had used these on a straight stitcher before I bought my lovely Elna.  I must say though I do like the buttonholes that my current machines do - so that is Elna and two Bernina's, so I cannot grumble - I am sure the African women will have been delighted with all the bits and bobs I donated to them, loads of patterns, scraps of fabric, fabric that I no longer wanted or knew I would never use, some lovely cotton dresses (all washed and ironed here first) a beautiful almost brand new sprung cot mattress (I did ask the charity first on this one) - at least it would be nice for a baby to sleep on something other than the ground.