The Sewing Place

What kind of fabric?

CCL

Re: What kind of fabric?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2019, 00:33:21 AM »
Thought-provoking.  I wear more prints in summer - love summer dresses in prints.  I tend to favor solids in interesting fabrics with some texture or an interesting weave for winter garments.  Bottoms are almost always solids.
A hodge podge Flickr record of my sewing project albums here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/104062052@N04/albums

Puzzler

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 06:29:43 AM »
I like solids and relatively plain clothing because I do not want to stand out in any way. Recently I have bought and sewn prints. Still, if I can throw a plain cardigan over them I am more at ease. I also seem to think prints are more recognisable as in ‘Oh, she’s wearing THAT again.” I started to sew clothes because I didn’t want to be seen wearing the same garment as someone else. With a plain RTW garment this would be less obvious but not so with a bold print. A psychologist would have a field day with all of this.  :D

Missie

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 09:47:24 AM »
Interesting @Efemera .  I like colour, but it tends to be plain rather than print. In fact, I don't really wear prints at all and am far more of a plain dresser.  However I am trying to start wearing prints a bit more but I kind of find them a bit scary!  -<

b15erk

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 09:57:39 AM »
I love florals, and geometrics for dresses.  Plain usually for blouses.  Stripes are usually for knit tops. 

I'm predictable day to day though, dark plain trousers, with a coloured top.

Never thought about it before, but I think it's usually how the fancy takes me.  I don't have a very organised wardrobe  :S...

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.