The Sewing Place

StitchinTime’s Darkside Diary

StitchinTime

StitchinTime’s Darkside Diary
« on: May 19, 2019, 11:41:38 AM »
Seeing as the member’s diary thread is in the Wardrobe section, I thought I’d start a diary here in the Darkside for my P&Q projects.

First up is a quilt I finished yesterday for the Siblings Together charity. It is about 60” square and was quilted with straight lines using a walking foot.

Ellabella

Re: StitchinTime’s Darkside Diary
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 11:52:29 AM »
That's a LOT of straight lines :o

Lovely quilt, beautifully executed.

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »
That's lovely
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 12:07:08 PM »
That is beeeyoootiful.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

BrendaP

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 12:35:33 PM »
Lovely :loveit:  The pop of pink really stands out.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 12:43:30 PM »
I just wanted to add that the symbolism of that quilt pattern makes me want to cry!  It's perfect.

StitchinTime

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 12:58:37 PM »
@Acorn The block was chosen as part of a block drive in the quilt group I go to. We chose teal, pink and white as the colours and made two scrappy tops in the same design on a group sewing day last year. I did this one using some leftover pieces of fabric from that day with some white from my stash and the batting was donated by another group member.

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 15:46:42 PM »
Gloriously simple and very very effective ... Lovely stuff!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

rubywishes

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 21:00:46 PM »
What a beautiful, crisp quilt and my goodness your cross hatching looks terrific
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Kenora

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 00:36:51 AM »
It's a beautiful quilt and I'm glad you posted it because it's made me aware that ST take smaller quilts. Before I saw your post I thought they only took single bed size or larger, so thank you so much. I should've read their website more closely. :S I usually donate to Project Linus but the local co-ordinator doesn't always need quilts. I'm now motivated to finish my quilts after seeing your gorgeous work. <3
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

b15erk

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 09:51:00 AM »
Absolutely lovely!  Makes me want to hang out with the Darksiders!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 10:08:29 AM »
You should - we're really nice!   :D

Manuela

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 14:39:27 PM »
Pearl thinks the same about the dressmakers and is now doing a course  :devil:

WendyW

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 14:41:50 PM »
I just wanted to add that the symbolism of that quilt pattern makes me want to cry!  It's perfect.

What is the symbolism? I've never seen the pattern before and don't recognize the pattern from any non-quilting source.

@StitchinTime it's beautiful! I love the single pink square, and the backing fabric is a very nice touch.

Acorn

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 15:08:34 PM »
The symbolism (in my mind, at least) is the way the blocks are all linked together - like the siblings who are meeting up, but are still connected when they're apart, and the one block being a different colour representing the owner of the quilt.  So the owner is an individual, but connected to others.