The Sewing Place

Ann's Sewing Room (Third Try)

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Ann's Sewing Room (Third Try)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 12:55:23 PM »
Goodness me, that's about four times the size of my sewing room!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 13:22:03 PM »
Wow, I’d love a room that size!   I guess your houses are generally a lot bigger than ours over here! 

Silver Rose

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 16:08:12 PM »
Lovely room Ann, lucky you.
Still learning

Ann

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 22:09:22 PM »
@Helen M, thank you. It is a huge room and almost too big for what I do. But, it was the only room available for me so I took it without complaining. I love the color and what we had done after the flood. It is actually a very calming room which I love to sew in.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

UttaRetch

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 15:09:31 PM »
You have twice as much space as my intended sewing room and I'm a little jealous.  However, I have never had a spare room until now, so will be making the best of it.  The best thing about my room is the cupboard that already has shelves which I have populated

I must remember to have a shelf put up for my sewing books.

Lollipop

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2020, 19:04:05 PM »
Very late to the party but I love your sewing space @Ann .

I'm always a bit envious of North American basement spaces. My tutu making friend in Canada has a fabulous space.

My sewing room is a converted single garage and, though lovely, could do with being double the size. It didn't take me long to almost completely fill the space.
Was Sewnanny

Ann

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 21:22:41 PM »
Thank you everyone for your kind words on my sewing space. I love the look of it as it is finished the way I wanted it to be. Having a flood in the basement was the reason it got done.

This the biggest space I've had. I've sewn in small spaces also. Small bedrooms and a den. I had one space in a basement that was 11x16' and it was a lovely space. Not too big and not too small. I made fancy gowns in that room. I had another room which had the closet full of fabric which was not good as it stressed me out. Too many pieces bought while in a stressful situation.

The closet in this room is a good size. It has a shelf and rod in it. I would like to put a couple of cubes in it but said no until I downsize the stash. I need to use up the notions and doll's fabric stored in the closet. I will need space for embroidery thread and a few notions but not like what I have right now.

Our house isn't huge. About 1100 sq feet but the basement was finished when we bought it. It had this huge room that was a bedroom, a bathroom, mechanical room, and a large family room. It is nice to have a finished basement. The main floor is open concept with a large bathroom, laundry closet and 2 bedrooms. Both levels have great light from lots of windows.

Stash Busting 2023

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2020, 23:22:39 PM »
@Ann , it's lovely. And big!!!. I've never had a sewing room of any size. To have one that's almost too big; what a delight. I attempt to sew on the desk, just putting the keyboard (wireless) aside and pushing the monitor back to the wall.

Looking at all your hoops out I have hoop envy.  0_0 My little machine is limited to 4" x 4". How big is your largest field?
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Ann

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2020, 10:29:59 AM »
@Renegade Sewist, I've sewn on a sewing cabinet in the kitchen. I'd forgotten that one.  Fabric stash was 0 meters.

My largest hoop is 360x350. When I bought my machine, the cases and that hoop were included in the price. They were the extras. Two others were part of the machine. I've bought 2 hoops for the machine. I've used every hoop I own over the years. One only once.

I hung the hoops as I want to embroider once a month. I'm hoping to do a project starting today. I have it designed and need to print it to see if it will work.
Stash Busting 2023