The Sewing Place

Pumpkin hats

Sheilago

Pumpkin hats
« on: October 05, 2023, 08:04:58 AM »
When I was in holiday in Donegal I was hoping to finish my big jumper, so I took my knitting bag, but of course forgot to put in next few balls of wool. :[
Luckily there’s a local wool shop there, so I looked up this cute free Drops pattern and knitted two pumpkin hats for my younger granddaughters. It’s such an easy pattern and number 2 granddaughter just loves it. :D
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Bumblebuncher

Re: Pumpkin hats
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 12:18:02 PM »
That is brilliant  :perfect10:
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 13:28:20 PM »
That's fun - knitted in red for tomatoes too!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Elnnina

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 17:42:37 PM »
That is so sweet Sheilago and your grand-daughter is gorgeous too.

Ouryve

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2023, 17:55:57 PM »
They are adorable 🎃
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Nevis5

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2023, 11:08:32 AM »
 Both absolutely gorgeous!  :loveit:

Sheilago

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2023, 12:25:19 PM »
Thanks for your kind comments. She absolutely loves it and has it on most of the day :laugh:

I posted it as I thought maybe others would like to use the free pattern at this time of year. @Catllar , that’s true,  it could look like a tomato. I also thought if you did a different knit pattern to look like little seeds it could look like a strawberry.

Sara-S

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2023, 11:10:31 AM »
That's a great little hat!  I guess that makes her a Jackie-lantern!
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.