The Sewing Place

Knitting For The Dolls

Ann

Re: Knitting For The Dolls
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2020, 21:38:39 PM »
I used up the last of some yarn given to me. It was a cotton polyester blend and it knits up beautifully. I decided to knit a sweater pattern I had tested 9 months ago. It is easy but quite cute. I was short yarn for the cast off row so did it in another color. So it became known as the barn sweater.

I'm knitting mittens right now and they are fiddly to do. I will cast off one tonight and start the other. When it is done, I'll go back and do the thumbs. They are hard to do and I need to have lots of patience when doing them.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Ann

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2020, 10:37:23 AM »
The mittens got put on hold as 2 patterns arrived to be tested. The first is a sweater that is growing on me.

It is a bulky style using fine yarn. Expensive fine yarn on my part.

The second pattern has a hat and sweater. I've finished the hat and it is really cute.

I'm knitting the second sleeve and then it's on to the body of the sweater. I'm slow at this as I don't have a good way of knitting with 2 yarns and it isn't without trying to learn a way.
Stash Busting 2023

Celia

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2020, 12:00:26 PM »
They are wonderful, I really love the hat you have done a lovely job. Just wish I had someone to knit dolls clothes for.
  • Ann likes this

b15erk

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2020, 12:50:57 PM »
@Ann  your clothes are lovely.  Maybe I can use some self isolation time to start clothing the dolls I bought a while ago.

Jessie
  • Ann likes this
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ann

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2020, 15:39:59 PM »
@Celia, I don't hence why I bought 9 dolls. They keep me busy.

@b15erk, now's a great time to add some dolly knitting and sewing.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2020, 11:06:02 AM »
Another sweater tested and I kind of like this one. I'm slow at fair isle knitting but it got done.

And the hat.

Stash Busting 2023

sewingj

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2020, 12:03:13 PM »
Fabulous.  You always brighten up my day!

wrenkins

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2020, 12:28:45 PM »
That's beautiful @Ann. I was looking at the human version of that pattern yesterday and your colours are perfect.
Here.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Ann

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2020, 10:54:13 AM »
Thank you @wrenkins and @sewingj for the kind words on the doll's sweater and hat.

I'm almost half done another sweater for the dolls and have another one on the list to be tested afterwards.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2020, 11:48:37 AM »
Another sweater is done. Jennie is modeling it for me this time.

I quite like the asymmetrical front on this one and I put a bigger button on to make that feature the focus. I also used a different yarn for testing for this designer and it worked out perfectly.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2020, 10:53:48 AM »
Another sweater has been tested and before I finished, the pattern disappeared. It hasn't been published and there were some complaints about how the pattern was written. It was hard to follow and I'm hoping she is rewriting it.

It fits this doll on the tight side which could be due to the yarn I used.

Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2020, 11:00:41 AM »
Another sweater is finished and modeled.

I have another one ready to give a shot of steam and put on one of the dolls to model. A new pattern to test will be put on the needles tonight.
Stash Busting 2023

coffeeandcake

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2020, 19:50:06 PM »
Lovely, as always, @Ann.  I'd really like the red one in grown-up size :D

Ann

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2020, 11:20:35 AM »
I love it too @coffeeandcake. The front has such a surprise element to it.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2020, 13:09:46 PM »
I knit another sweater and hat with the flock of sheep on it. This time the main color was light blue.

This designer is selling her patterns on a new venue and had to rewrite her pattern to meet their criteria. It is a nice pattern but I won't knit it again unless I do it in one color.

I'm test knitting for a new designer now and hope to have it done this coming week. A really cute pattern.
Stash Busting 2023