The Sewing Place

Knitting For The Dolls

Ann

Re: Knitting For The Dolls
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2020, 10:39:21 AM »
Next test pattern has been completed. I quite like the pattern and it's cute on Jennie.

I'll be knitting this one again to use up some of the stash.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Ann

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2020, 10:44:04 AM »
I finally finished this sweater for the dolls. It was put aside so many times while testing patterns for designers.

The pattern is for advanced knitters and I'm glad I knit it and stretched my knitting skills. There were levels of frustration felt as the pattern has mistakes in it and took a bit of time to figure out what needed to be done. At one point I didn't think it would fit any of the dolls but it did. I doubt if I will knit this pattern again unless I do it as a test pattern to help fix the mistakes.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2020, 13:48:00 PM »
I also knit this dress and it turned out so sweet. The yarn has been in my stash for ages and I still have lots of it left. Time to use it up testing patterns.

The back closes with buttons which is nice.

Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2020, 11:10:29 AM »
This is the third dress by the designer Little Woolens. I didn't finish it in time to be included in the testing but it is a great pattern.

Lea enjoyed modeling it by the Christmas tree.

Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2021, 21:44:07 PM »
I finished another sweater by the same designer. I am working on the hat which I will add pictures of later.

The top can be worn with the buttons in the front or back and I chose the front as I wanted it as a sweater. Julie wants jeans to go with the outfit.

Stash Busting 2023

coffeeandcake

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2021, 13:10:23 PM »
Your makes always bring a smile to my face @Ann.  They're so lovely :D
  • Ann likes this

Ann

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2021, 22:01:22 PM »
I finished the hat so the project is done. I do like the pattern quite a lot. This designer is one of my favorites.

I added a pompom to the hat and am not sure if I will keep it on. Do I want a hat or a toque??

I have almost finished a ball of yarn so may make mittens to go with this outfit. That way I can say I have finished two balls of yarn this year.
Stash Busting 2023

Celia

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2021, 10:04:49 AM »
Lovely knitting just wish I had someone to make for

coffeeandcake

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2021, 13:55:44 PM »
Perhaps you need some dolls @Celia.  Is it you who makes teddy bears?  If so, they might like some jumpers :D

Celia

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2021, 17:15:49 PM »
Great idea but my teddies are usually very small, miniature jumpers on pins :loveit: maybe

Ann

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2021, 17:07:18 PM »
The next test pattern has been completed and I quite like the sweater. The first one I've knit with a shawl collar.

As usual, it fits the doll well and the instructions were wonderful.

I bought shades of denim blue yarn to make this one again.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2021, 13:20:47 PM »
I finished another test pattern and got it photographed yesterday. I like this pattern with the leg of mutton sleeves and the curly scarf.

The scarf will be made again to go with coats. I may make the sweater again as it is a quick knit that looks smart. The hat is the designers usual patter with a different band on it. I like berets and enjoy knitting them.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2021, 20:08:51 PM »
Another test pattern has been completed and this is a cute sweater. There is a wide ribbing that is longer than most and the collar is almost a faux funnel collar. The cable is refreshing. The hardest thing thing to remember was the purl was the right side.

Another test that ended up with a well fitting sweater
Stash Busting 2023

Marniesews

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2021, 02:11:28 AM »
Not being a knitter the knitting posts tend not to register with me but l spotted this trying to find a different post on dolls.
hen 
@Ann I especially like your winter white set of Tam O'Shanter and shawl neck jacket. When I see this I think I should try again but I know all too well that I'll give up at the first hurdle. I'm happy with crochet but my hands just don't like knitting. Unfortunately for me, knitting simply lends itself so well to making for dolls because the scale of the stitches. Not moaning though, there are plenty of knitters who'd find sewing for dolls a punishment rather than a pleasure.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Ann

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2021, 13:11:22 PM »
@Marniesews, are these the two?

[/img]

I have to do the first one again for the designer when she get the pattern updated. The other one is an easy knit I did. Took me no time at all. But then I'm a knitter and not a crocheter.
Stash Busting 2023