The Sewing Place

Knitting For The Dolls

Ann

Knitting For The Dolls
« on: May 22, 2019, 10:23:06 AM »
I do quite a bit of knitting and love to knit for the dolls. I just finished this pattern the other day.

I love how the pattern fits the doll and I love the color (Mallard Teal). The yarn is Paton's DK wool and was a delight to knit.

I also knit a long scarf out of acrylic and wound it around the doll's neck. The next time I knit it, I'll make it another 25 rows longer.

I'm pleased with the results of this pattern.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

fajita

Re: Knitting For The Dolls
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 19:23:16 PM »
Lovely bit of knitting, @Ann

I could do with someone like you knitting for me, lol.
  • Ann likes this

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 09:21:12 AM »
That outfit looks so warm and cosey.  I wouldn't mind one in my size.  :)

Your dolly looks gorgeous!

Jessie
  • Ann likes this
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ann

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 20:51:20 PM »
I finished a hooded vest for the dolls. This one is made out of cotton yarn and was nice to work with. The pattern fits well and will great with leggings and a t-shirt.

I'm taking a bit of time off doll clothes to finish a scarf that I started about 6 months ago.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 21:20:52 PM »
Another doll's sweater is done. This one took a bit of time to get the gauge correct but the time spent was worth it.

Trying to finish another doll's sweater and I finally got past row 3. Hopefully it will be done this week as I have another one to make before the end of the month.
Stash Busting 2023

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 12:39:19 PM »
You have some beautifully dressed dolls there Ann!  Another lovely sweater.

Jessie
  • Ann likes this
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Efemera

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 12:50:22 PM »
Some fabulous knitting...

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 12:51:31 PM »
I am beginning to wish that I was one of your dolls! 
  • Ann likes this
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ann

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 16:07:17 PM »
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I really enjoy dressing the dolls.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 10:22:42 AM »
I finished another sweater for the dolls and love the look. I'm very partial to the Hudson Bay blankets and this cute coat is a reminder of them.

Though easy to knit, it is time consuming to finish as there are a lot of ends to weave in and hems to sew up. But, I've done some googling and found a few new techniques to try when knitting with color changes.

Mary Ann is ready for Canada Day, unless it gets very hot here; the forecast says 20C. Maybe she can wear it in an air conditioned building. LOL
Stash Busting 2023

Sheilago

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 11:14:40 AM »
Lovely doll’s clothes. Do you sell them or keep them all? Mary Ann is lucky  :D , she looks great , very pretty, but unusual, with her slightly prominent teeth. <3
  • Ann likes this

Ann

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 11:36:05 AM »
Lovely doll’s clothes. Do you sell them or keep them all? Mary Ann is lucky  :D , she looks great , very pretty, but unusual, with her slightly prominent teeth. <3

This sweater will be kept but I am sewing and knitting to get an inventory ahead so I can sell outfits rather than pieces.

One of the things with American Girl dolls is that some have slightly prominent teeth. I favor the ones with no teeth showing. I only have the two AG dolls as my favorite are the Gotz Happy Kidz dolls. I have 4 of them.
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 10:37:17 AM »
Another doll's dress knit. It is made out of an acrylic/mohair blend in a dusty mauve.

Am knitting another Bella Bolero while waiting for the next pattern to be sent via email.
Stash Busting 2023

b15erk

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 10:39:52 AM »
@Ann , I love seeing the outfits you make for your dolls - they are so original.

The knitted dress is lovely.

Jessie
  • Ann likes this

Ann

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 10:59:55 AM »
@b15erk, thank you. I enjoy sewing and knitting for the dolls. I test patterns for doll clothing designers and they design some really nice pieces.
Stash Busting 2023