The Sewing Place

Knitting For The Dolls

Marniesews

Re: Knitting For The Dolls
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2021, 14:17:30 PM »
That's it.  :thumbsup:
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Ann

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2021, 12:30:22 PM »
@Marniesews, is this the other one. I see the picture didn't come up.

Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Marniesews

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2021, 13:25:22 PM »
The colours are lovely but my eye is immediately drawn to the shape & purity of the all white one.  :). That one's definitely for me.  :loveit:
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Ann

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2021, 16:11:57 PM »
@Marniesews, its an aran color. I'm going to do it again in a denim yarn that is sort of variegated. It is the one I have to retest for the designer.
Stash Busting 2023

Marniesews

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2021, 16:23:09 PM »
It looked perhaps off-white to me but arran is a very nice subtle colour. It'll be interesting to see how the denim yarn changes it. The variegation may add more visual texture, I wonder if it will impact the effect of the contrasting stitching on the bands? Always fun to see how things change with colour and fabric variations. Sometimes you can predict it and then sometimes it's quite a surprise.

Ann

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2021, 10:47:09 AM »
@Marniesews, I wonder how it will look in the denim yarn also. Still waiting for the pattern to come out to be tested again.

I have knit another sweater. This time I used Downton Abbey yarn (Lady Sybil and discontinued). It has mohair in it and leaves white fluffies in the yarn that look likes cat hair (ah yes, there is some of that in my knitting also). The pattern uniqueness is the eyelets are the increases for the yoke. Very impressed with that. I had my forgetfulness with the eyelets in the body; forgot the first row and then a yarn over near the finish line. But it is done and I quite like it.

This sweater will also be done again in a variegated yarn on a size larger needle so it is a bit bigger to go over an Edwardian blouse and skirt set I want to make. Once the sweater is made, I will buy the fabric to make the outfit. In the mean time, I'm back to knitting the daisy stitch sweater. I'm enjoying it but it does take a long time to knit and is a real yarn hog. But, it will fit in with another outfit idea I have.
Stash Busting 2023

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2021, 12:19:12 PM »
Such nice little knitted items @Ann.  Wish I had granddaughters but don’t think any of the boys would be interested.  :)
  • Ann likes this

Ann

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2021, 12:30:25 PM »
@Ohsewsimple, thank you for the kind words. We have only one grandson but I have a little girl I give what I don't want to. She is thrilled to receive them.
Stash Busting 2023

Ploshkin

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2021, 08:56:23 AM »
@Ann your knitting is just beautiful.  I knit a lot but can't be doing with anything small and fiddly but I appreciate the skill and patience off those who do.  TBH, I don't like dolls especially the more' lifelike ones but I do love to see your creations.
Life's too short for ironing.

Ann

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2021, 10:38:00 AM »
@Ploshkin, thank you for the kind words. I don't like all the dolls so have chosen ones that I do like. My favorites are the Gotz Happy Kids and after 4, I've stopped buying them due to the cost. That is when I chose my favorite AG dolls and I have one more I would love to get. 
Stash Busting 2023

Ann

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2021, 11:29:09 AM »
I finished another sweater to give away. It is a cute sweater with a pocket in the front. Useless for dolls but a cute design feature. The sleeves are patterned but hard to see in the grey wool. I do love the ribbed turtle neck on this sweater.

This sweater is for a little girl who has a boy doll but it can be worn by girl dolls also. I would knit this one again but have other items to knit so it is in the line up.
Stash Busting 2023

Marniesews

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2021, 15:07:02 PM »
All of these are so lovely it's hard to choose a favourite but I think the off-white shawl neck jacket has stolen my heart.   :loveit:
  • Ann likes this

Ann

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2021, 12:04:02 PM »
Another pattern has been tested and it is modern and cute. Not a hard knit; only 1 row had to be done carefully and, in my case, done 3 times to get it right.

This one is for the little girl's dolls.
Stash Busting 2023

Marniesews

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2021, 14:52:30 PM »
Sweet little jumper in a lovely colour but I'm distracted by the tease of a bigger glimpse of that gorgeous denim skirt. The two colours work so well together.

Ann

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2021, 17:12:58 PM »
@Marniesews, here is the skirt but it never made it past the testing stage.

We all had issues with the pleat closest to the skirt main piece. But, I liked it enough that I didn't trash it and use it for modeling knit wear.
Stash Busting 2023