The Sewing Place

Mocha - iThinkSew

Acorn

Mocha - iThinkSew
« on: May 22, 2019, 10:41:05 AM »
Has anyone made any of the Mocha patterns on the iThinkSew website?

I can't find any reviews anywhere, and while I like many of the patterns, I wonder whether they might look good on a model but be a bit too shapeless on a more traditionally made body. 

I'd also like to get some idea of the amount of ease - which looks enormous, but, of course, there's no way of knowing from the designer's pictures (and there are no finished measurements available as far as I can see).

They have a nice-looking range of baby patterns too.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

Re: Mocha - iThinkSew
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 10:46:49 AM »
Just to add, look at the pictures for this listing... anything strike you as odd?   -<

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 10:51:21 AM »
Is she pretending not to be pregnant?  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

jintie

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 11:06:05 AM »
They look like badly drafted sacks to me.
Rottweiler with scissors

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 11:08:20 AM »
Its spacious bodice piece and voluminous skirt it can be worn with ease in most physical activities.
Don't know about the drafting but the sacks bit might be accurate.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Greybird

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 11:35:03 AM »
What is hiding under the flowers?

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 12:04:30 PM »
I think you're probably right @Francesca - I know from experience that that sort of look is better on me if there are darts, even though I'm pear shaped.  Having scrutinised the ones I like as much as possible, I can't see any evidence of any darts.

And yes, @Greybird - what are those flowers hiding!!????!!

Sewingsue

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 12:17:03 PM »
Why would you show all the pics of a pattern made up with the models covering the front of the outfit with a bunch of flowers?

Shots like that aren't supposed to be 'arty' they are supposed to show what the garment should look like.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 12:24:14 PM »
Ooh, baby patterns - errr, just baby girls then  :(

Acorn

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 12:29:59 PM »
Oh crikey - I hadn't noticed that!  (Probably because the two babes I have to sew for are both girls!)

There's probably only two or three out of thirty-one that could easily be made for boys (and they're very boring!) - how can there be that much difference at that age!!!?

wrenkins

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 14:04:36 PM »
...or all the genders.  :ninja:

I'll get me coat.....

BrendaP

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 15:17:18 PM »
What is hiding under the flowers?
A large pleat of shapelessness. :ninja:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

zora

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2019, 18:01:11 PM »
Never before heard of Mocha but I do like several patterns so thanks for pointing this company out to me   :)