The Sewing Place

Free Teddy Pattern wanted

b15erk

Free Teddy Pattern wanted
« on: May 23, 2019, 10:01:02 AM »
I'm on a bit of a stashbust/UFO challenge atm, and while rooting through the stash, I noticed that I had lots of small pieces of cotton/quilting cotton.  I know some of you have made memory bears from old clothes from a loved one, and I thought, well why not have a go at making a bear from scraps instead.

Now many of you know of my failure rate with toys, and I've had some spectacular fails, but I'd really like to make a bear or two.

I know that there are lots of free bear patterns out there, but I'm really hoping for suggestions for bears that have been made, and that you recommend.

Being a novice, I prefer no fancy fixings, and none of those eyes which are the work of the antichrist!

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

wrenkins

Re: Free Teddy Pattern wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 11:39:32 AM »
@b15erk This, to the best of my knowledge, is the pattern for the TSP Bear as made my Vegegrow.
I checked back over her posts and she said it was "bear in a bag" and this is the only one not associated directly with Sewing Quarter. They seem to have removed all trace of it from their website and FB as far as I can see. It's Jo Carter's.
Hope this is the kind of thing you're looking for.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

b15erk

Re: Free Teddy Pattern wanted
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 11:48:11 AM »
@wrenkins Thanks wren, that's exactly the one I was thinking of, but I did find a similar one on the Sew magazine website.  This is the one.

It's only to use to get rid of some stashscraps as I'm rubbish at toys.

Going to have another look at Veg's bear.  Thank you.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.