The Sewing Place

Is this finished

Catllar

Re: Is this finished
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 21:03:52 PM »
Yes it's finished! :flower:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Ploshkin

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 22:25:37 PM »
Definitely finished. 
Life's too short for ironing.

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 08:06:49 AM »
  Is it the same pattern as this?  (#20 on my to do list)

Yup

I would raise that on your list; its a really quick and easy block to make and it goes together quickly!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pearl

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 09:08:04 AM »
I'd love to but I am already 3 blocks behind on my four patch chain and I haven't finished clue 1 of the mystery quilt.  I can't justify starting another project.   :(

Mama likes to make

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 09:44:00 AM »
It's gorgeous
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

maliw

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 10:17:48 AM »
Thanks for the link Iminei, yes I think it looks finished. It looks amazing and lovely colours. You did well to get so much done on the day. Now I really can't put that on my 'to do' list as I already have one that will take me at least to the end of the year.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 15:35:57 PM »
Sorry Gals but it irked me beyond the point of irkdom and after wrassling with it and a clumsy fix it is done...
Quilting will hide join lines and Im now pleased ish...
It was never going to be a major work as I had run out of the batik but I think it will make a cosy lap quilt....

Its got to be a nice size now...
main body was 36" sq and the whole thing now measuring about 48 x 55"
(that's really approx as I haven't got a clear enough space to lay it out properly.)

Pearl

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 16:24:29 PM »
 0_0 0_0 Ha, ha, yes, you're right.  NOW it's finished.  Very nice!

rubywishes

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 13:02:02 PM »
Just lovely Im, and yep, looks finished to me.  :)
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Iminei

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 09:36:58 AM »
So yesterday I headed out to the Emporia for backing fabric....
...an hour (or so) later I headed home with a compromise.

The extra wide backing fabric of my dreams, (as featured in The Undulating Terror) was no where to be seen,
and reluctant to back with plain black and not brave enough to try a black background with multicoloured teapots on (multicoloured teapots ?.... moi??) I came home with the extra wide in a tomatoey orange red....

Struggling with the now not inconsiderable bulk of the quilt (Only half fits on the fully extended dining room table at one time) I manage to layer it by 5pm....that's a whole day of my life on layering alone!!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/p3qDp7tA2BBPUn75A

Today I'm to start quilting, but have been gassing on here instead...procrastination anyone???

Lowena

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2017, 11:32:00 AM »
Why does layering take you so long?
It's boring, back breaking work, but doesn't usually take me more than an hour or so.
I use the bed ( stripped down to the mattress ) and that way I can walk round 3 sides of the quilt.
I smooth, spray, sandwich, smooth, check, pin and sometimes tack the edge, especially if I'm hand quilting.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 12:14:43 PM »
I think its something to do with an oval dining room table,
slippy plastic sheeting to protect said table from SB residue and the fact I can only get a portion of the quilt on the table at the same time!?

Still its done and even the tomato red is beginning to look good with it (at least its PF!!! )
(Can't mention the words for fear of jinxing myself)

On here for a break...this is gonna take a loooong time to quilt and I needed some toast!...
Start stop, start stop, turn, start stop, start stop, cut, cut, cut, tie, tie, tie, bury, bury, bury...sigh...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:44:27 AM by Iminei »

Sakar

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2017, 20:47:00 PM »
First of all: what a great, fantastic quilt!!!! 0_0 congratulations!!! And a good quilting takes a little while :P

Yes, I agree with you, layering isn't that easy and my DH always helps me, otherwise I would end up in despair....

Iminei

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 08:43:45 AM »
Sakar!!! You're still alive!!!

Where have you been hon? We've been missing you in the Dark Side!

So yesterday I Stitched along all the pointy black bits so the thing is now very stable.
I then  had to remove my stay stitches...
So which bright spark decided to sew orange-red SS'es on a multi-coloured top  (with lots of orange-red in it) and an orange-red back ???

I started quilting the coloured twists yesterday...
now this is the bit that's going to take a long time, all the stopping and starting, tieing off and burying and today my thumb is telling me all about it ... I thought my arthritis was done and dusted (I had very bad Psoriatic arthritis in the '90's)

Day off from quilting today ...Off to the auctions....Woo Hoo!!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:50:36 AM by Iminei »

Lowena

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 10:30:45 AM »
Iminei.... can you ( in the appropriate place please ) put the instructions you got from Puddinchops, for burying the ends of threads please, if it's not too much trouble ? <3
Enjoy the auction.... are you buying or selling? Come on and chat later please  :*
Sakar, I thought you'd disappeared in a puff of smoke  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D