Efemera

Re: The inspiration/knock-off thread
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2019, 14:13:36 PM »
Thanks...off to Google.

Manuela

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2019, 15:05:38 PM »
Thanks...off to Google.
It’s a fairly recent Sandra Betzina pattern, but shares the same number with an out of print DvF wrap dress....

Efemera

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2019, 15:06:31 PM »
Found it...just wondering when their next sale will be.

Kwaaked

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2019, 15:51:04 PM »
@Nevis5 yeah, but it's not terribly hard.  I may have never made them before, but I have a pattern book from Center of Pattern design to make them and they look easy enough.  Plus there's always You Tube.  And my treadle at home has a length adjustment so I have a good basting stitch that those require, so it cuts down on the hand work.  It's better then the other dress I used as inspo...the whole ball gown was those roses.  I think this one is going to need about 25 roses 18" to about 6" in diameter (the other was 3 times that), and I'll test it with some paper before making them.

Nevis5

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2019, 16:05:44 PM »
@Kwaaked  I reckon you must have more patience than me  :S  I have made roses like that before but only small ones.  Good luck! 

Catllar

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2019, 16:41:56 PM »
I love this thread and the variety of inspiration! I don't possess any kimonos or dressing gowns or robes - when I get up I get straight in the shower then get dressed and thus do I remain till I get undressed to get into bed. Hangup from childhood and Mother, I reckon!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Manuela

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2019, 22:27:53 PM »
@Francesca, I put a detailed review up on PR, there are some hick ups in the instructions you may want to be aware of. The pattern itself is fine and true to size.