The Sewing Place

Francesca

Re: Storing Patterns
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 14:24:52 PM »
All too much
Appalling tissue mess
Antique toile makers

How about: Amazing timing, May  ><

OK I'll stop letting politics venture out from past the Cafe  >:)

DementedFairy

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 14:43:07 PM »
perfect
C'est moi!

maliw

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 15:07:04 PM »
Patterns in envelopes are in plastic boxes with lids and traced and pdfs are rolled and stood on end and in a plastic box. all except Style Arc which at the moment are in a pile under my cutting out table. Why only SA? - I haven't a clue, they just are.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

UttaRetch

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 15:43:16 PM »
I have a grand total of 13 patterns, two of which are Burdas (shudder) and will be donated.  I sew only 'fit and flare' and you really don't need lots of patterns for a dress or skirt.  Coat patterns are my one indulgence, but I have confined myself to three, although I had to sit on my hands so as not to buy the recent Vogue coat pattern that was offered for sale.

Tamnymore

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 16:53:55 PM »
You peeps all sound very organised. I store my patterns in big plastic boxes and I confess that I have so many that I have been known to buy the same one twice.  :\

I love the Tilton sister patterns but there are only so many variations on a shirt pattern so I am finally limiting myself.
I agree that folding carefully and ironing the patterns is the way to go (it's just that I'm a bit lazy....) Some patterns I use time and again. Others get one use and that's it.

I have given never to be used patterns to  local  charity shops but I have flooded the local market!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Mama likes to make

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 16:59:33 PM »
Mine are a bit of a mess but I have done this with my current in use patterns and ones that are next up to be used and it's really handy. It's an IKEA napkin holder
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

Pinkstar

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 20:11:25 PM »
Mine are kept in the original envelopes and shoved into a cardboard box.  Any printed out ones are put in a large A4 envelope and shoved under the cardboard box  0_0