The Sewing Place

Anyone know what this is?

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Anyone know what this is?
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2019, 17:58:16 PM »
Is your "naked walking foot" a gathering or ruffling device?  I have lots of those bits too with my grandmothers/mother's old Singer, the model number of which escapes me at the moment...

wrenkins

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2019, 18:10:21 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper I've been off round the interweb and it would seem that it is indeed a ruffler attachment.
I also found out what all those binder things do. They make and attach binding in one pass!!!!  :o Assuming of course that one has the dexterity to keep everything lined up and handcrank at the same time!  0_0 We'll see about that.
I have so far learnt threading and bobbin winding so we're all set.
I've given her a thorough clean in all the bits I could get at too so she's looking great.  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

bessc

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2019, 06:37:19 AM »
To figure out the binders, look at all the info about using them on a Coverstitch machine. The set up and operation will be exactly the same. You just need to figure out how all your bits slot together to get the binder in the right position in front of the needle.

wrenkins

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2019, 06:53:28 AM »
Thanks @bessc. I had a little play and I think I have figured out how to attach them. I'm afraid the manual isn't very much use at this point as it says...put them on and do this with them. No mention of how to 'put them on'. The pictures are a bit blurry too.
The only problem I can foresee at the minute is the thread take-up spring which is looking decidedly gitchy! I don't like this as I had a bit of an episode with the tension assembly on my other old Singer.  :S
I'll see how it goes.

Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!