The Sewing Place

A tale of two T's

Didi

A tale of two T's
« on: April 15, 2017, 16:19:30 PM »
I have had some beautifully soft cotton With Lycra in my stash for years because on my one and only previous attempt at sewing it resulted in a lot of very bad language  :devil:

This afternoon I decided I needed new t shirts and dug out the navy and the cream devil material bit the bullet and cut out a simple sew Shannon top, now this is a VERY easy pattern no darts just 2 pieces and neck and arm bands so I thought if anything could tame the material it would be this pattern.

Well 2 ½. Hours later I have 2 new t-shirts  ready for the warm weather, there were the odd swear words when trying to get the neckband on the cream version but overall it all went surprisingly well. I love them they fit so well the neckline lies flat beautifully and I am even considering seeing if I can get any more of the devil material  0_0 but doing my best to resist because to be honest I'm glad to see the back of it

Ploshkin

Re: A tale of two T's
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 16:34:11 PM »
Well done Didi, once you get the hang of whipping up a t shirt it's great.
Life's too short for ironing.

Snippet

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 17:10:28 PM »
They look great, well done you!

It's nice when you get to grips with something you've been avoiding!

Lilian

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 17:13:25 PM »
Well done!  The T-shirts looks great.  I bought some cotton with lycra but haven't used it yet.  It has a stripey pattern.  I'll take this as a caution.   :D
Willing but not always able :)

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 17:36:27 PM »
Congratulations on facing your demon and getting the upper hand. Great looking tops too!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

DementedFairy

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 17:52:55 PM »
Perfect!  I agree, some knits can be the devil's invention, and cause much grief.  They're always the ones that feel nicest, have you noticed?
C'est moi!