The Sewing Place

Couldn't resist the challenge

LeilaMay

Couldn't resist the challenge
« on: June 03, 2019, 17:03:50 PM »
Only 15 mile away on Gumtree, only £20. No power lead but we can provide that - in fact we can provide a replacement motor if the one I've just taken off it doesn't work!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Lots of dirt, and an interesting 'cross-over' from the heavy bodied machines - this one has the spoked wheel, and a standard base intended for a drop-on top, but fitted into a two-part box.
Dates to the early part of 1955, not surprisingly with these oddities, and the person who sold it to me found it in the loft LOL

Like I needed another machine  :)

Cheesecake

Re: Couldn't resist the challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 17:19:25 PM »
Ooh lovely!  I wasn’t sure about the aluminium ones until saw one in person and rather liked it, now it’s my number two machine (number one being one of my cast iron 201k-3’s).

Sewingsue

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 17:21:35 PM »
That looks similar to the carry box my 99K was supplied with.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 17:24:48 PM »
...Like I needed another machine  :)

Maybe not, but it needed you!!   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 18:35:13 PM »
Laaaarvely!  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Kwaaked

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 05:07:19 AM »
I learned to sew on this machine.  I get the remodeling done and things moved, I plan on taking it to the shop.  Heck of a machine, I don't think there's anything I haven't been able to sew on it yet.

Radiofan

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 17:14:13 PM »
201k, you got some muscles lifting that.
I keep thinking of buying one, but have too many machines...
Singer 538, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

LeilaMay

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 14:33:04 PM »
Well the electric, aluminum-bodied 210K is finally going nicely!
Lots of cleaning and oiling on my part (using the TSF info - they are wonderful people) and the electrics provided from our spares box and all nicely wired by OH. It's not in the best of condition in terms of bodywork, but it runs as smoothly as you'd expect of a 201.

I had thought about replacing my cast iron one with this - as it would be easier to move about. But the harp area is somewhat smaller, and getting the whole 6' by6' quit shifting round under the larger one was a tight fit so  . .

Decisions decisions - which one should I keep? Drat!  :)

Anyway, enjoy the pictures

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

LeilaMay

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 14:34:26 PM »
201k, you got some muscles lifting that.
I keep thinking of buying one, but have too many machines...

I don't let that stop me LOL