The Sewing Place

Fit? What's that then?

Catllar

Fit? What's that then?
« on: June 06, 2019, 08:30:44 AM »
Why do we worry about stuff fitting, or not? Have a look at these - this is the way forward. www.jessson.com

[I've edited the link  - Acorn :) ]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 12:03:46 PM by Acorn »
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Efemera

Re: Fit? What's that then?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 08:48:38 AM »
Links not working for me @Catllar

BlueCat

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 09:09:51 AM »
Would it be jessson.com

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 12:01:12 PM »
Yes, sorry, it is jessson.

I'm not saying it's anything new, just a reminder that we can wear a sack if we like and not fret about the fit! That would be a step forward for me.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 12:25:50 PM »
I would look like a bag lady!
Life's too short for ironing.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 13:14:23 PM »
I love it  :loveit:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 18:20:48 PM »
Me too!  I'd love to know how much ease there is, because there's a dress there that I like very much, but I strongly suspect I want a much smaller size than the one their size chart suggests.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Flobear

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 18:44:33 PM »
Lovely on sylph-like figures or teens to twenties, I reckon.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Manuela

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 02:42:59 AM »
Lovely on sylph-like figures or teens to twenties, I reckon.
Not nessecarily, I remember back in the old day of Stitcher’s Guild the late TwoToast’s  winning lagenlook SWAP. While I’m not that keen (yet, never say never) on the style, I do like it on others.
The Curvy Sewing Collective blog featured a lagenlook for curvy women post a while ago. Here is the link for those interested:
https://curvysewingcollective.com/curvy-opinion-i-love-lagenlook/

And the link to TwoToast’s blog, who sadly passed away last year. She really rocked lagenlook and explained her choices in detail:
http://spottydogsocialclub.blogspot.com

Happymrsg

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 13:07:58 PM »
Thanks to posting this link to Jesson.com. I really like many of the styles & often look for patterns and fabrics to make similar items, with little success.
I'm tempted to order a couple of tops but they seem too cheap. Has anyone any experience of buying from this site?

Update - I've had a look around online , it looks like the goods ship from China so take a while to get here. I don't think I'll order from them.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 13:22:39 PM by Happymrsg »

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 20:12:41 PM »
I think there are some lovely things on there, neither sack-like, nor bag-lady-like  0_0

Shame they are yet another Chinese website that may or may not turn up looking like what you ordered.

Ploshkin

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 21:49:24 PM »
I didn't mean they were bag lady clothes, but it's a style that would make me look that way.  I don't know if it's because I'm short but I look a fright in wide legged trousers and I couldn't entertain an asymmetrical hemline or drapes and ruffles though they can look great on others. I think I have insufficient surface area to carry off excess wafty and drapey bits and anyway I'd inevitably get hooked up on something or trapped in a door.
Life's too short for ironing.

Sewingsue

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 22:32:19 PM »
I feel the same way, Ploshkin.
I can admire that style on someone else, but I feel it needs a certain personality.
Plus I know I would get caught up on something or trip over.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2019, 09:58:42 AM »
I have a baggy body, so need baggy clothes  0_0  Although I have in the last couple of years finally taken to wearing slim legged jeans, once I discovered they are all stretchy these days  0_0

Gernella

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2019, 19:05:11 PM »
 I suspect that I too would look like bag lady @Ploshkin, at a certain age a bin bag looks good on you.  They are pretty but not for me.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included