The Sewing Place

New Elna Easycover

Sewbee

Re: New Elna Easycover
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 20:51:22 PM »
@Ploshkin Hi there. I just found this post. I have been researching coverstitch machines. I love the way this machine looks and also the samples you posted.

A few months down the road now, how are you doing with it? Still love it?

Ploshkin

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 21:19:21 PM »
Yes, I'm still happy with it @Sewbee .  I'm not a prolific sewer so it's an indulgence and I sometimes feel guilty that it doesn't get much use but it certainly takes the angst out of hemming knit fabrics.  I've got a system with wash away tape and can do a hem in a few minutes.  I had issues with it not chaining when going over seams but found the technique to resolve that.  (I started a thread on here entitled Useful Coverstitch Information.)  My one gripe about the machine is that it has no markings on the machine bed - goodness knows why.  It shouldn't be necessary to stick bits of masking tape on the bed.
Life's too short for ironing.

Sewbee

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 06:03:52 AM »
@Ploshkin Thank you. Sounds like it’s a nice machine. If I can’t find one by Bernina I might get one but still learning about them.

Have you tried a magnetic seam guide? They are great!

toileandtrouble

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 06:24:22 AM »
Absolutely brilliant for shortening RTW skirts and dresses, as well as making new. Really useful if you are short.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Helen M

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 10:36:53 AM »
Absolutely brilliant for shortening RTW skirts and dresses, as well as making new. Really useful if you are short.

Being only 5'1" that was the main reason I bought my overlocker 30 years ago and about 6 years ago my Janome coverstitch. I wish I'd got a coverstitch sooner but I suppose they have improved a lot in time.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55