The Sewing Place

Okaaayyy... maybe I need an overlocker...

aprilla

Re: Okaaayyy... maybe I need an overlocker...
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2019, 15:15:06 PM »
Having had such an easy time with the overlocking bit of my t-shirt, and then the usual trouble with my other machine's twin needle, I'm wondering about a coverlocker... I've found somewhere that appears to have the Britannia one in stock.  @Sewbusy - is yours this one - the CS4000? 

LOL I was going to suggest it for you as I was reading along the posts, but you beat me to it! I've been thinking about one for a bit but an upcoming foreign wedding has taken my 'stash' so it's in the future.

Sewbusy

« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2019, 17:13:52 PM »
@Acorn  Yes, that's the one I have.

Gernella

« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2019, 10:19:32 AM »
I've had  two overlockers, the first the Janome 644D, a proper workhorse and once you got the hang of threading a piece of cake and the second, I had a yen for a Bernina (made by Juki I believe) and got the 1300MDC, which is great and has a needle threader.  It gets used every time I sew, and despite me forgetting to oil it after many hours use, it doesn't complain.  The Janome Coverstitch I have only gets used occasionally and if a choice of only one, it would have to be the Bernina. 

I suppose one that did  both would be good but I'm not complaining.  No maybe about it really, if you have the money you really need one.
Stash extension 2019 - 23  meters
Daren't put used, too pitiful but I am keeping count