The Sewing Place

Embellisher anyone?

crafter

Embellisher anyone?
« on: June 09, 2019, 20:30:53 PM »
I have an Husqvarner embellishing machine that I bought from someone on TSF some time ago.  Can't remember who.

At the time they were quite popular and I though I would get a bit creative with it but it never happened and I haven't even got it out of the box.  I am a practical sewer, not an arty one.

So would anyone be interested?  If so, I will finally get it out the box and possibly have it serviced if I think it is necessary.  Bound to be a bargain because I need the room.  Cannot be faffed with ebay.

annieeg

Re: Embellisher anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 21:46:34 PM »
I don't have one of these but have been thinking of getting one.  I'll keep my eye out for your post when you decide on a price.
Annie

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 12:52:50 PM »
WHAT does it do then ??? Someone in my workshop mentioned using an embellisher on the featured piece...

linky
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

LeilaMay

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 13:12:35 PM »
It's for needle felting - quick intro article here

https://sewingmachineexpert.co.uk/embellisher-machines/

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 14:13:40 PM »
I wonder if I could use the Angelina fibres in it ???????

I've been practicing embroidery round the stars, its given a nice effect (and very tidy on the reverse) but I think the first ones looks too much like a spiders web ... I need to practice more I think ...

linky
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

aprilla

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 09:29:19 AM »
I'm tempted. I've started to answer this post several times and then stopped myself LOL

I've got a load of roving from when needle felting was going to be my next great hobby but I've never got to using it... I'd be interested in knowing the model and what you hope to get, though I might just be re-locating it  :P