The Sewing Place

Hello

Ryomaden

Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2019, 01:01:43 AM »
Hello @Ryomaden
I love Japan (the contrasts between traditional and high tech)  :loveit: so I’m a tad envious of you going to live there.
Is your wife Japanese?
Whereabouts in Japan will you be moving to? (Sorry, I’m just naturally very nosy :|)

Can’t help you with your sewing as I’m a newby myself but you will find lots of great support on this site from some very experienced sewists.
Yes she is and I am in Hokkaido which is the northernmost island. It's nice weather here in summer (not too hot compared to the south) but the winters are really harsh.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 08:22:30 AM »
I’m guessing you’re fluent in Japanese.  :)
My daughter-in-law is Japanese (living in London) and her dad was living and working in Hokkaido until recently.
I’ve only visited Japan once when they got married and we didn’t go to Hokkaido on that trip but I’m definitely planning to return. So much to see and beautiful fabrics to buy.  :loveit:

Morzel

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2019, 17:47:10 PM »
How nice to see someone from Hokkaido! My broter used to live there, I visited a lot and loooved the fabric shop downtown. Since he moved back to Germany in 2008 I've not been back. But what a beautiful island! Lots of beautiful landscape, big eagles, lots of snow, vulcanos, wonderful parks (around Sapporo)... lucky you!
Eva