The Sewing Place

Style Arc on Amazon UK 50% off

SewRuthieSews

Style Arc on Amazon UK 50% off
« on: June 13, 2019, 07:37:11 AM »
Got this email today
"We're finally back on UK Amazon after a LONG break. It's time for us to clear stock urgently! For a limited time only we're offering 50% OFF ALL PATTERNS on our UK Amazon Store. You don't need a coupon code - just shop as usual and the discount will be calculated automatically at the checkout.

How do you know it's a pattern sold by us? Just make sure you see "Sold by Style Arc Patterns EU and Fulfilled by Amazon" on the product page. Click here for the full list. You won't get this offer on Style Arc patterns from any other seller!

Why not make use of the super-fast Amazon shipping and grab yourself a bargain? Be quick though; this very special offer is only available until Monday. Oh... and if you love our patterns please leave a review on Amazon UK. It really does help!"

WildAtlanticWay

Re: Style Arc on Amazon UK 50% off
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 08:06:43 AM »
Thank you. I’ve just ordered the Heidi hooded top/jacket.  :D

SkoutSews

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:26:08 AM »
Thanks for telling us - I think!  I'm like a kid in a sweet shop.  And I'd promised myself that I wouldn't buy any more patterns  >:)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 09:59:07 AM »
I had a look but need to think a bit more about it.
I am currently a StyleArc 18, but if I lose a bit of weight (as planned) I'd be a 16. The envelope patterns break at that point so don't know what size to buy....

maliw

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 10:07:55 AM »
Noooooooooooo! I was looking only the other day and had to restrain myself but now ------------
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Greybird

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 10:12:36 AM »
Having gone through them on Amazon - thank you SewRuthieSews - I picked the one I liked and it was not 50% off. There are some, interspersed with the others, being sold by somebody else, so beware!

SkoutSews

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 10:27:43 AM »
I am currently a StyleArc 18, but if I lose a bit of weight (as planned) I'd be a 16. The envelope patterns break at that point so don't know what size to buy....

It would be much better if SA did overlap their sizes.  I struggle a bit with their sizes anyway. I think they're more like RTW? I've ordered the Elani tunic top and intend to make up the size 16 with an FBA of some sort, but will no doubt agonise over sizing first!

wrenkins

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 10:42:23 AM »
@Greybird I hope this narrows it down for you.
It's only these ones listed under Style Arc EU that have the promotion.  0_0
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:46:13 AM by wrenkins »
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Celia

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 10:43:45 AM »
I have already ordered the LInda pant this morning and have my eye on at least 3more, hopefully this will help get my dressmaking sewjo back

Greybird

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 10:53:13 AM »
Thank you @wrenkins ! That's better.

wrenkins

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 10:57:04 AM »
If you want a short-cut an efficient way of doing something, ask a lazy person.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 12:04:00 PM »
Lovely - there's a coat I like that isn't available as a pdf that's in the sale.  Brilliant!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Helen M

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 13:49:25 PM »
It would be much better if SA did overlap their sizes.  I struggle a bit with their sizes anyway. I think they're more like RTW? I've ordered the Elani tunic top and intend to make up the size 16 with an FBA of some sort, but will no doubt agonise over sizing first!

They are more like RTW sizes, definitely not like the Big 4 patterns.

You can get the overlap that you need if you order a single size PDF from their website. You actually get the size either side of your chosen one ie 14 16 18 if you choose size 16.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2019, 14:00:30 PM »
They are more like RTW sizes, definitely not like the Big 4 patterns.
I think that's because they're Australian sizes.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Helen M

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2019, 14:17:20 PM »
I find that they are much like what I'd buy in RTW sizes here if I could get them. They don't have the ease that McCalls/Vogue and co have which I like being at the smaller end of the sizing scale and with the loose look, especially in tops, that has been around for so long.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55