The Sewing Place

McCalls M7660

b15erk

McCalls M7660
« on: June 13, 2019, 09:28:41 AM »
McCalls M7660

I bought this as it looked so useful for work.  When it arrived I realised that it was a set in sleeve - not a sweater style I usually make.

Pattern Review on the whole was quite positive, apart from the pattern running big.

Anyone here made this one?  Any tips before I plunge in?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Holly Berry

Re: McCalls M7660
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 11:48:02 AM »
As it’s a stretch fabric, I would put in as a flat sleeve and not as a set in. It doesn’t look from the line drawing that the sleeve head is gathered. TBH I’ve put woven set in sleeves as a flat sleeve, you just have to be accurate with your seam matching and pivot where the sleeve seam meets the body seam.
Procrastination get behind me

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 11:50:48 AM »
Thanks @Holly Berry , I'll bear that in mind.  It's not the prettiest pattern, but it will be eminently practical for work.  The high neck style will mean I don't have to wear a roll neck underneath, which I do with a V.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Starryfish

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 14:02:35 PM »
I would try it out with a cheap sweater knit and see how big it makes up. This is one of the reasons I hardly ever use Big4 patterns, the inconsistent ease!
A day without sewing is a day wasted.