The Sewing Place

Me again.Friday 14th June

sewingj

Re: Me again.Friday 14th June
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 11:48:37 AM »
Good luck @Greybird - hope all goes well.

Greybird

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 11:50:44 AM »
Thank you all for the good wishes - bless you! Yes I am a repeat offender @wrenkins . I remember thinking, last time, that the worst bit was the nasty stockings they make you wear. Hopefully the same will apply this time!

Nevis5

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 11:56:33 AM »
A bit late, but good luck from me, too, @Greybird xx

Elnnina

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 12:24:06 PM »
Wishing you good luck for your op Greybird, hope all goes well and don 't worry about the stockings.  If you can go for black then they just look like ordinary thicker black socks/stockings.  I have to wear these all the time, and the choices are awful, so I live in the black ones.  I had thought of trying to dye my white hospital ones.  As I wear these socks/stockings every day I have something called Acti Glide which I use to help get them over the foot and ankle and I can do this by myself.  When I was first told to wear these I mentioned to the GP how difficult they were to get on.  He promptly said your husband will have to help and I said he won't.  So he went out into the waiting room and called for my husband who was waiting for me, and my husband chose to ignore the GP's call - no one else i the waiting room, I then had to go through the 'boys' talk of needing to wear a suspender belt - absolutely no way is that ever happening again, and luckily my pharmacist told me about the Acti Glide device and I could not manage to get them on without that.  The pharmacy had to order in the Acti Glide but it was there the next day.

Efemera

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 12:42:06 PM »
My washing machine is showing an error code which apparently means there is a motor sensor problem.  It’s got wet towels in it.  First time it’s given trouble in five years.  Looking for an engineer to call but not sure if it isn’t going to be too costly.  Looks like my day will be different from planned.

Leave it a while and turn it off... restart and redistribute the towels. I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago.. got the engineer out and it wasn’t broken. That code comes up when the washing spins to one side.. usually with towels in it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:43:38 PM by Efemera »

Ploshkin

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 14:05:49 PM »
I hope your op goes well @Greybird  I'm sure you'll soon be back on the trampoline  :)
I took advantage of a dry morning to check my bees for food stores as there are reports of colonies close to starvation because of the continuing bad weather.  It's clouded over and gone quite dark now so I think we're due another shower.  I'm about to sort out some boxes and packing stuff ready to take with me on Sunday as I'm going to my mum's for a couple of days to help her do some packing for her (hopefully) imminent house move.
Life's too short for ironing.

maliw

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2019, 14:26:37 PM »
Good afternoon, good wishes @Greybird for your op, hope all goes well.
Yay, sunshine and blue sky, well for a short time this morning although it has clouded over a bit now but still quite bright. Went for a walk and had to put on the sunglasses and then went out later and no coat.
No sewing for me as I've got a bit of sinusitis and it gives me a headache.
Have a good afternoon.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

twopence

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2019, 14:55:57 PM »
@Efemera Thanks for that idea.  I may try it when OH comes back as he is an electrical engineer.  I have an engineer coming on Monday but can cancel that if it’s working again.

Manuela

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2019, 14:59:30 PM »
Just checking in. I’ve been busy chaperoning students navigating around the protest areas to get them home.... Looking forward to a very quiet weekend at home.
All the best with your surgery @Greybird wishing you a speedy recovery.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2019, 15:45:56 PM »
OMG we have sunshine!   
Been out with mum today.  Coffee in the library.  Then onto Hobbycraft and a garden centre for a look round and then she bought us lunch there!  So no bother with dinner tonight :)
As I was awake early I am feeling quite dozy now. 
Good luck with your op @Greybird.  Hope all goes well. 

Efemera

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2019, 15:59:47 PM »
@Greybir ..hope everything goes OK and the recovery is quick

sewingj

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2019, 16:13:52 PM »
It's very depressing getting old - just packing for our holiday and have filled a small suitcase with ", medical supplies"!

Sewingsue

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2019, 17:19:47 PM »
Good wishes from me too @Greybird
It actually stayed dry all day and even some sunshine and not as cold. Had a lovely long chatty lunch. Six women all with something to say, chat and laughter.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

fajita

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2019, 21:29:08 PM »
Happy Hopping, @Greybird  :flower: :drink:

Greybird

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2019, 21:35:15 PM »
I very much appreciate all your lovely messages - thank you! Going to bed soon - I have to be at the hospital at 6.30am so have to get up at an ungodly hour. Can't wait to get it over with!