The Sewing Place

Do you know these suppliers?

Acorn

Do you know these suppliers?
« on: June 14, 2019, 17:06:06 PM »
Can anyone give me any feedback on any of the following sewing machine suppliers?

Hampshire Sewing Machines
Six Penny Memories
Sewing Quarter

These are the only places I can find that appear to have the Britannia coverstitch in stock - whether they turn out to really have one is another matter of course - and I can't find any reviews for them as suppliers.

Franklins, who would be my preferred supplier (since they are also the manufacturer!) won't have any in stock until a tentative late July, and I'm not patient.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Holly Berry

Re: Do you know these suppliers?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 17:17:59 PM »
The only Sewing Quarter I know of is the shopping channel. I have seen them demonstrating the Britannia overlocker. Their website says that the Britannia CS4000 is in stock. Big advantage is their P&P is £2.95 all day even for sewing machines. Not heard of the others.
Procrastination get behind me

Lilian

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 17:21:01 PM »
@Acorn I do know that Sewing Quarter have demonstrated Britannia machines and if ti says they are in stock I would trust that they are. Usually with machines Sewing Quarter have a deal with the suppliers and the machine will usually come direct from the manufacturer.  I have watched them and this is what they tell you.

Don't know anything of the others though.   :) :vintage:

Cross posted with @Holly Berry.  Yes £2.95 p&p :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 17:22:37 PM by Lilian »
Willing but not always able :)

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 17:28:51 PM »
If it's coming direct from the manufacturer there will be a delay, as the manufacturers don't  currently have any!!

Lilian

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 17:32:19 PM »
If it's coming direct from the manufacturer there will be a delay, as the manufacturers don't  currently have any!!

You could ring SQ and ask, it could be that they have some reserved and therefore not for sale direct  -<  :vintage:

Lilian

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 17:36:36 PM »
@Acorn I just rang them and they don't have any  :(

Clareew

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 17:49:40 PM »
I buy my Juki machines from Franklins. I din't realise they manufactured machines also.

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 18:07:58 PM »
Thanks @Lilian  :(

@Clareew I think it was someone on here who told me that they had taken over Britannia, but I can't find it now - they're certainly part of the same group.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 18:46:22 PM »
@Acorn Yep I know Hampshire Sewing Machines very well!  In short, avoid.  Very happy to pm you with more info. M

Acorn

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 19:11:33 PM »
Thanks @Ohsewsimple - please do PM me!

Efemera

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 19:44:15 PM »
Six Penny Memories used to be The Fat Quarter in Blackhall near Newcastle but she gave up the shop and I think only does one of the craft channels now.