The Sewing Place

Coverstitch Machine

Ohsewsimple

Re: Coverstitch Machine
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2019, 15:42:38 PM »
Oh no you can’t say that and leave us in suspense.  :)
Not going to guess.   Whatever you have, enjoy! 

aprilla

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2019, 16:26:07 PM »
WhooHoo!!!! Congrats  :toast:

aprilla

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2019, 16:28:46 PM »
@callmecazza How did I miss this... Congrats  :toast: and full report please!!

b15erk

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2019, 16:37:01 PM »
Wow, such excitement!

Love a new machine me!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Sewbee

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2019, 17:27:33 PM »
And the winner ..... the Babylock BLCS2! I was completely sold after the demo. What a beautiful piece of equipment! The air threading is superb! All you have to do is thread the needles. And the quality of the stitch is superb, too. The machine comes all set up. Apparently, there is nothing to assemble.

The BLCS2 was demonstrated first and then she showed me the Success Celine. I would say it is twice the size of the Babylock. It looks a nice sturdy machine, I must say, but my eyes were on the Babylock.

I told my dealer that there was nothing left for him to sell me now because I have it all. He just laughed. I suspect the next thing might be a Babylock air threading serger, though.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 17:33:11 PM by Sewbee »

Sewingsue

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2019, 17:51:00 PM »
Congratulations.

Ah, David Drummond - that man could sell snow to Inuit.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Sewbee

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2019, 17:54:42 PM »
Congratulations.

Ah, David Drummond - that man could sell snow to Inuit.

Ha ha! That’s probably true but he gives good service.

To be honest, I knew I was done for as soon as I set foot in the shop!

Efemera

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2019, 18:07:12 PM »
i bought a hemmer and don’t like it or use it. I do have three binders. I bought my BLCS2..... a month later I upgraded my overlocker to a Babylock....it’s a slippery slope! I love them both.

Sewbee

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2019, 18:09:56 PM »
i bought a hemmer and don’t like it or use it. I do have three binders. I bought my BLCS2..... a month later I upgraded my overlocker to a Babylock....it’s a slippery slope! I love them both.

Why don’t you like using the hemmers?

I will have to read up on what the binders do.

Ellabella

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2019, 20:24:23 PM »
Oh @Sewbee you will LOVE it.

I have an Evolve that I just use for coverstitching and an Imagine O/L, they are wonderful. <3

I'm glad you got the clear foot, it makes such a difference.

Just play with it for a while, the stitch quality is wonderful and tension problems a thing of the past. 0_0

Efemera

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2019, 21:13:22 PM »
Why don’t you like using the hemmers?

I will have to read up on what the binders do.

I find it easier just to press up the hem and coverstitch.

Celia

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2019, 09:47:01 AM »
Babylock are the best, I am lucky enough to have the Gloria and I love love love it. I use this machine more than any sewing machine I own.  I very rarely wear anything that is not made from stretch materials

aprilla

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2019, 11:36:42 AM »
@Sewbee and anyone else... Bluprint videos are free to watch these few days. I'm watching this one and thought it could be interesting to this thread. There are several more on the subject, I've just started with this one LOL
Coverstitch: Basics & Beyond by Gail Yellen

Gernella

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2019, 13:38:37 PM »
Oh @Sewbee , did you get that lovely tingly feeling when you have spent loads of money, pure excitement.  I  suspect if I won the lottery I would be very tempted in that direction, they are hard to beat.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Sewbee

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2019, 15:57:19 PM »
@aprilla Thank you so much for mentioning this. What a great opportunity! Off to watch it now!