The Sewing Place

Style Arc patterns for sale (larger sizes)

Lowena

Re: Style Arc patterns for sale (larger sizes)
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2019, 09:18:03 AM »
Glad to have made another convert @StitchinTime I now have 2 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of sandals and have just ordered some boots. Gotta luv Hotta ( I could be their marketing manager  :D )
Lovely skirt
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Fiona M

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2019, 13:11:20 PM »
I am also a fan of Hotters Trotters!  Very comfy, and made in the UK.  If you sign up for their emails they often have discounts and ‘three for two’ offers.  If you live near an outlet store you can pick them up at real bargain prices too  ;)

Efemera

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2019, 15:12:59 PM »
My patterns have arrived... thank you very much. Project number 695!

snoozi soozi

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2019, 16:17:17 PM »
Courtney Top, made using 1 metre of cotton viscose mix from Fabrics Galore aaaaaaaages ago honest  :devil:  It's very dark blue not black, and I had nothing else to go with it for contrast panels.

It's a lovely simple make and I reckon it could be a fave due to the easy slip-on style. This seems to suit me more than button up shirts and the like.

I'm planning another with an almost metre - a remnant - of the same fabric in a different colourway but going to put contrast panels in when I come across something that will work.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
👓 changing the world, one stitch at a time

Fiona M

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2019, 17:01:39 PM »
@snoozi soozi That's fabulous!

snoozi soozi

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2019, 11:21:59 AM »
Another Courtney top. I get the feeling this is a pattern that will be made time and time again  :loveit: The top is a lovely comfortable wear and in particular I like it with a long-sleeve shirt underneath for colder weather  ;)  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

snoozi soozi

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2019, 14:52:49 PM »
Another entry for the cack-handed sewing club  ;)

This is an SA Adeline dress made in brushed cotton. It's my second one but the first one was made up as the pattern stated so I thought I'd share my own quirks on this one. Instead of two square pockets I used a kangaroo pouch stylee, and instead of long sleeves folded back and cuffed I shortened them and added binding.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

StitchinTime

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2019, 09:59:34 AM »
The Fay skirt pattern has had a lot of use this summer. After using the sewing machine to make the first skirt, I dusted down the overlocker and used it to make three more skirts and got a much neater finish when attaching the elastic. The only thing I couldn’t work out how to do on the overlocker was to join the ends of the elastic for the waistband so I did that bit by hand.

Helen M

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2019, 10:10:11 AM »
Another entry for the cack-handed sewing club  ;)

This is an SA Adeline dress made in brushed cotton. It's my second one but the first one was made up as the pattern stated so I thought I'd share my own quirks on this one. Instead of two square pockets I used a kangaroo pouch stylee, and instead of long sleeves folded back and cuffed I shortened them and added binding.
Love your changes @snoozi soozi . Do you think it would work in a heavier fabric to wear over a ribbed polo neck sweater?
Stash Busting 2019
Goal: 30 metres
So far: 8.5m metres

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2019, 11:21:44 AM »
Style arc Molly Top in a Dark Purple jersey meaning you can't really see the details.

I've made some minor changes.
1 - widened the bicep area of the sleeve by curving the lines out and back in again.
2 - shortened the long sleeve by 2 inches, (but only taken a 1/2" hem).
3 - taken a half inch cover hemmed hem on the bottom.
4 - inadvertently made the tuck on the left!
5 - split the tuck into three smaller tucks which I then sewed together from the right side.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2019, 12:48:42 PM »
@Helen M yes I think you could use a thicker fabric, perhaps not a heavy denim, but it would be lovely in a corduroy. My other one is made in a linen mix and it hangs beautifully  :loveit:

Helen M

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2019, 14:10:39 PM »
I like the idea of corduroy.  :)
Stash Busting 2019
Goal: 30 metres
So far: 8.5m metres