The Sewing Place

Style Arc patterns for sale (larger sizes)

snoozi soozi

Re: Style Arc patterns for sale (larger sizes)
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2019, 16:17:17 PM »
Courtney Top, made using 1 metre of cotton viscose mix from Fabrics Galore aaaaaaaages ago honest  :devil:  It's very dark blue not black, and I had nothing else to go with it for contrast panels.

It's a lovely simple make and I reckon it could be a fave due to the easy slip-on style. This seems to suit me more than button up shirts and the like.

I'm planning another with an almost metre - a remnant - of the same fabric in a different colourway but going to put contrast panels in when I come across something that will work.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Fiona M

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2019, 17:01:39 PM »
@snoozi soozi That's fabulous!

snoozi soozi

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2019, 11:21:59 AM »
Another Courtney top. I get the feeling this is a pattern that will be made time and time again  :loveit: The top is a lovely comfortable wear and in particular I like it with a long-sleeve shirt underneath for colder weather  ;)  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

snoozi soozi

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2019, 14:52:49 PM »
Another entry for the cack-handed sewing club  ;)

This is an SA Adeline dress made in brushed cotton. It's my second one but the first one was made up as the pattern stated so I thought I'd share my own quirks on this one. Instead of two square pockets I used a kangaroo pouch stylee, and instead of long sleeves folded back and cuffed I shortened them and added binding.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

StitchinTime

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2019, 09:59:34 AM »
The Fay skirt pattern has had a lot of use this summer. After using the sewing machine to make the first skirt, I dusted down the overlocker and used it to make three more skirts and got a much neater finish when attaching the elastic. The only thing I couldn’t work out how to do on the overlocker was to join the ends of the elastic for the waistband so I did that bit by hand.

Helen M

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2019, 10:10:11 AM »
Another entry for the cack-handed sewing club  ;)

This is an SA Adeline dress made in brushed cotton. It's my second one but the first one was made up as the pattern stated so I thought I'd share my own quirks on this one. Instead of two square pockets I used a kangaroo pouch stylee, and instead of long sleeves folded back and cuffed I shortened them and added binding.
Love your changes @snoozi soozi . Do you think it would work in a heavier fabric to wear over a ribbed polo neck sweater?
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2019, 11:21:44 AM »
Style arc Molly Top in a Dark Purple jersey meaning you can't really see the details.

I've made some minor changes.
1 - widened the bicep area of the sleeve by curving the lines out and back in again.
2 - shortened the long sleeve by 2 inches, (but only taken a 1/2" hem).
3 - taken a half inch cover hemmed hem on the bottom.
4 - inadvertently made the tuck on the left!
5 - split the tuck into three smaller tucks which I then sewed together from the right side.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2019, 12:48:42 PM »
@Helen M yes I think you could use a thicker fabric, perhaps not a heavy denim, but it would be lovely in a corduroy. My other one is made in a linen mix and it hangs beautifully  :loveit:

Helen M

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2019, 14:10:39 PM »
I like the idea of corduroy.  :)
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55