The Sewing Place

Simplicity 2247

Silver Rose

Simplicity 2247
« on: June 17, 2019, 07:12:03 AM »
This is one of my favourite dress patterns and I have got some lovely blue and green cotton lawn to use to make a dress for the summer weather - when it arrives! I got the bodice part finished yesterday and hope to continue sewing today.
   This fabric is so light and airy you could roll the dess up and pop it into your handbag ;)
The design is another take on William Morris, just love it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:14:19 AM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

Silver Rose

Re: Simplicity 2247
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 08:29:10 AM »
I've made good progress over the last few days, I've just tried the dress on for fit before I put the zip in. I cut a smaller size (14) this time and I am pleased with the way it fits over the shoulders and bust.  I am wearing a dress I made about 3 years ago with this pattern and it is about 2" too big across the back so it was  good idea to get re-measured and cut a smaller size. No sewing today though, going to be out and about enjoying the sunshine while we can.
Still learning

snoozi soozi

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 10:37:23 AM »
That fabric is lovely, the dress will look right classy  :P
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 14:02:55 PM »
Zip Is in and neck facing finished, the fit is fine. I hope to finish it so I can wear it on Friday to go out to lunch, it is just right for hot weather.
Still learning

sewingj

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 14:48:51 PM »
@Silver Rose   I used this pattern to make my "mother of the bride" outfit a couple of years ago and got lots of compliments.  When I had a practice run my daughter told me I shouldn`t have the "puffy sleeves" so I just put plain short sleeves in and actually I think she was right.  I`ve got a small bust but quite a big tummy and I found it easy to adapt the pattern to suit me.  I used a cotton sateen which made it look posh enough for a wedding

Silver Rose

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 18:11:45 PM »
Snap @sewingj   I prefer plain sleeves too and the last time  I used this pattern I had a lovely blue and pink cotton sateen for a "posh frock". It is a useful pattern.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 17:51:21 PM »
I finished it today, spent a sunny hour in the garden hand sewing the hem so I'll be able to wear it to go out to lunch tomorrow. I'll try to get a photo taken if I can.
Still learning

SkoutSews

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 18:39:31 PM »
Sounds lovely and also perfect for the warm weather.