The Sewing Place

Style arc Elani?

Surest1tch

Style arc Elani?
« on: June 24, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »
I quite like the look of this top but the reviews I've seen aren't that brilliant. I must admit it does look a bit shapeless but it is only a sketch. I just wondered if anyone had used it and what you thought of it.
I've been really tied up with family issues for several months now and have decided it's time I started doing what I want to do instead of spending most of my spare time dealing with family but I think I've lost my mojo and thought this looked quick and easy enough to get me back into it.
Thanks in advance.

Bowerbird

Re: Style arc Elani?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 13:13:31 PM »
I have made it and it is comfortable and cool

but...

be careful of the fabric you use-plain blue can end up looking like scrubs, and some florals can look like pyjama top (ask me how I know, twice  0_0)

maliw

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 14:36:06 PM »
I think I've got the pattern but never made it up, thanks for the advice re fabric @Bowerbird
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

snoozi soozi

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 16:02:29 PM »
It looks a nice top. Re: the fabric advice from @Bowerbird I made up a shift dress in plain emerald green which I thought was lovely, I looked like a paramedic and never wore it. You live and learn  :o
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 20:03:49 PM »
I think I'll give that one a miss then, I had enough of scrubs when I was working. I was thinking something like a medium weight jersey maybe with small polka dots as I've not really got the confidence to wear floral patterns these days.
I really should be ashamed of myself because I've lost count of the number of patterns I've got and I'm more than capable of draughting my own patterns, I've also got a stash so big I'll not live long enough to make it all up.
Thanks so much for your help ❤️.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 20:36:11 PM »
What about stripes, or spots/dots or a really bold geometric design?
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Ellabella

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 20:39:36 PM »
I made it for DD who is struggling with her weight and didn’t want anything clingy. I used a really bright feather print with a denimy background and she wore it a lot.  Covered the problem areas well.

Surest1tch

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 21:08:47 PM »
What about stripes, or spots/dots or a really bold geometric design?

To tall for vertical stripes (6') and meno' belly excludes horizontal stripes

Kad

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 22:05:34 PM »
To tall for vertical stripes (6') and meno' belly excludes horizontal stripes
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

annieeg

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 14:03:45 PM »

I really should be ashamed of myself because I've lost count of the number of patterns I've got and I'm more than capable of draughting my own patterns, I've also got a stash so big I'll not live long enough to make it all up.
Thanks so much for your help ❤️.
@Surest1tch
You are not alone :)