The Sewing Place

Jones Treadle Machine

Lilian

Re: Jones Treadle Machine
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2019, 18:42:51 PM »
@Elnnina I'll look them out, if I've still got them but knowing me I don't throw stuff away lol :)
Willing but not always able :)

Lilian

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2020, 20:05:52 PM »
Lilian, would you like to sell me your round shank needles?  I have measured the one I have and that is 11/2" long (one and a half inches long).

My mother used to boast that she had never ever changed a needle in her old Frister Rossman (1936) machine and had sewn everything from dainty muslin for bridesmaids dresses, shirring, upholstery - covers for their chairs, curtains and yes canvas awning.  Sadly the tension was rather temperamental and I was never allowed to even change the stitch length - this machine could probably have done with a jolly good service but she was never going to do that.  In fact I inherited  a much newer Bernina (1975) 830 Record and again this has never been serviced and by now this was 2002, so after I had sewn my daughter's wedding dress I took this Bernina and my own Elna to be serviced and it cost me a fortune.  I knew my Elna's tension was playing up - same age as the Bernina, but gulp over £200 for the two.  Both beautiful machines still in perfect working order and used a lot.

Incidentally I change my needles very regularly and my Mother would have a fit if she saw how many I go through - and I always stitch with either Bernina needles for the Bernina or Schmetz for the Elna.

Let me know about the round shanked needles - thanks.

Thought I had chucked the round shank needles out, but going through some stuff the other day Eureka!  Are you still interested in them? they are PRYM287/690 and sizes 80/12, 90/14 and 100/16  :)

Just cover postage cost

Acorn

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 21:39:29 PM »
I've just been re-reading this thread trying to work out why on earth I didn't go and rescue the lovely thing.  Then I got to @Roger's post and remembered that it didn't fold down into the table.  And I also read that Roger has a machine in a cabinet as a bedside table and had that eureka moment that might enable me to buy the next gorgeous one I find - as long as it folds down into the base, of course!   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Elnnina

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 10:32:07 AM »
Lilian I have only just c aught up on yesterday's post by you regarding the round headed needles.  The answer is yes please and I have PM you. Thank you so much.

Lilian

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2020, 10:50:19 AM »
Lilian I have only just c aught up on yesterday's post by you regarding the round headed needles.  The answer is yes please and I have PM you. Thank you so much.

Not received a PM yet @elnina - I only have one pack of 5 needles  :)

Lilian

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 10:54:17 AM »
@Elnnina Just received your PM  ;) must be my internet slowing down :)

Elnnina

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2020, 11:05:31 AM »
Thank you so much Lilian the needles have arrived safely.

Lilian

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2020, 20:05:59 PM »
Sorry I didn't get back to you yet @Elnnina I have been busy assembling my mannequin as it fell apart  :o  I bought it second hand really cheap so can't grumble.  I have finished my plaids/tartan dress and wanted to photograph it. but when I picked it up it didn't like it  :S.  Glue gun is put away now so can get photos tomorrow.

Glad the needles arrived safely and swiftly! lol

Will pm you later  ;)