The Sewing Place

ISO a dress pattern

Acorn

ISO a dress pattern
« on: July 03, 2019, 11:56:27 AM »
I am looking for a very straightforward dress pattern.  It needs to have a fitted bodice (ie one with darts, rather than one that fits particularly closely) and a gathered skirt from a slightly raised waistband.  Not unlike a shorter version of this...

... but for a woven fabric.

Sleeves don't matter - I can sort those out for myself.  I would greatly prefer a downloadable pattern due to my extreme dislike of tissue paper. 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

Re: ISO a dress pattern
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 12:33:32 PM »
Thanks Fran - definitely no elasticated waists.  The Cadence I think I actually have, and I guess I could add a gathered skirt to the top part.  The first Lekala was the closest I could find, although I'm not terribly keen on princess seams.  I'm not sure how I missed the second Lekala, because that is pretty close to what I'm after - I may need to raise the waist a little, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Lots to work on there!

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 13:44:42 PM »
Crikey - I've just bought the second Lekala pattern.  It comes with no instructions - the listing does make that clear - but also no overall diagram of the pattern page layout, so I'll be sticking it together blind.

I'm not bothered about the instructions because I will be altering it and doing it my own way anyway, but the lack of diagram is a real pain.  I've had to print out the whole lot, and Lekala usually have blank pages that can be omitted from the printout.

Missie

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 11:03:33 AM »
I might be a bit late, but have a look at The Garden Party Dress.  I've made this and it went together well.