The Sewing Place

Can't stop at one!

rubywishes

Can't stop at one!
« on: July 04, 2019, 08:17:29 AM »
So I made one Candy Cat (pattern by Unicornharts) which Im so sweetly gave to me and I was going to make it into a wee wall hanging. And then I thought nah....I'll do a second cat. And now all of a sudden I have three done and another one under the needle! And today at work  all I kept thinking about was all the different color combinations I could use out of my scraps collection to make a veritable herd of cats! And so on my drive home from work I'm thinking hmmmmm a wall hanging of 4 cats...nice but..... how many would I need to make a quilt...... :S This has just got to stop...someone take my pattern away from me please!
And I don't even fancy cats that much! (bit of a dog person)..... but these little guys are soooooo cute :loveit:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 08:20:46 AM by rubywishes »
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Iminei

Re: Can't stop at one!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 08:47:17 AM »

When I saw this pattern I liked the way she had arranged several of them and immediately wondered if that could be made as a quilt/wall hanging

Or you could put your birthday present in the middle of them ???  :devil:
After all, they are alll felines arent they???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 10:13:28 AM »
They're gorgeous @rubywishes
Triumph of hope over experience :D

rubywishes

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 11:41:38 AM »
Im, that Tiger pattern is going to be a doozy for me! Sooooooo many teeny little pieces to keep track of.  :o  I'm going to do it for one of my daughters' as she barracks for an AFL team the "Richmond Tigers". Actually come to think of it so does one of my son-in-laws and granddaughter......oh dear I wail...it's going to be like the Candy cats all over again! :o :o

Thankyou Lowie, they are aren't they? Funny thing is they look blooming odd and creepy when they just have their ears and eyes sections sewn together. It's not till they get their little noses and their neck attached that they start to endear themselves to me!
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!