The Sewing Place

Lynn Mizono, kimono

fajita

Lynn Mizono, kimono
« on: July 05, 2019, 17:24:08 PM »
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/232281833/lynn-mizono-womens-asymmetrical-shirt?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=lynn+mizono+patterns&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&sca=1

I had a go at this one, version B.
It was initially going to be in the stripes comp., but a little wedding made me run out of time. I've just finished the buttons/hole.
I like it more than I thought I would, but had difficulty sorting out what was expected of the sleeve ends - resorted to looking at the line sketch and doing my own thing.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 17:45:00 PM by fajita »

snoozi soozi

Re: Lynn Mizono, kimono
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 17:43:07 PM »
Looks fab @fajita good job :loveit:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Holly Berry

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 17:59:00 PM »
Looks great. You’ve inspired me to have another look at this pattern.

I bought it a couple of years ago, together with 4 metres of chambray. In the end I made another Lynn Mizono pattern and a blouse.
Procrastination get behind me

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 19:22:34 PM »
That is seriously fab @fajita . Looks great. I've made that one and it turned out really well. Lynn Mizono patterns are all excellent. She did that dress pattern with the tie bit in the middle that you button up into a bubble shape and the super V1312. I just wish she did more for Vogue but I don't think I've seen a new pattern from her for years.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 19:25:25 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

fajita

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 19:32:33 PM »
@Tamnymore I have made that dress a couple of times, and a long tunic, a couple of times with sleeves and one without.

@Holly Berry hope you give it another go.

Nevis5

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 09:23:52 AM »
Love the fabric and the red button, @fajita  !  I have the dress pattern but haven't made it up yet (surprised, much?).  I don't think I've seen the kimono one before, it's very nice.  I'm leaning more towards more interesting shapes and patterns these days....

Holly Berry

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 10:53:15 AM »
@fajita  and @Tamnymore that’s the dress I made out of the chambray. I love her styling, it’s very simple but effective.
Procrastination get behind me