The Sewing Place

Simplicity 8387

Bodgeitandscarper

Simplicity 8387
« on: July 08, 2019, 15:22:21 PM »
A new pattern for me this time, I think I like it, I should just realise I am fat, so I will look fat in things  :S  0_0

I think I unpicked quite a lot on this one.  The centre front seam on the jersey twice, ended up using some wondertape to try to hold it still to stitch (may be visible in the pic, but I have now washed it out).  I also unpicked and re-stitched the bit where the lower half joins the upper at that seam, three, or was it four, times.

I then managed to cut a hole in the fabric whilst trimming the coverstitched hem, so that's had a patch and a bit of zigzag stitching over it, working on the theory I know it's there, but hopefully no-one else will notice.

The back was originally a deep v neck too, with ties across, but I cut it into a full back, more wearable for me.

I'm not sure about the gathers hanging off my boobs, I may make the top section two or three inches longer perhaps on another one.  Or I may not...

fajita

Re: Simplicity 8387
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 15:30:33 PM »
Well done, @Bodgeitandscarper It doesn't make you fat, it looks very nice.
That tiny hole will repair and be invisible.  :toast:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 16:56:22 PM by fajita »

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 15:51:48 PM »
It looks lovely @Bodgeitandscarper !  That style suits you, and the fabric is gorgeous.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Vezelay

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 15:56:39 PM »
Is that the Simplicity pattern for knit+woven from the other thread, minus sleeves @Bodgeitandscarper ? Good fast job and real summery fabric too. I have to wear something a few times before I settle into it and forget any niggles.

Nevis5

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 16:09:49 PM »
The fabric looks so cool @Bodgeitandscarper   I like the shape on you, I think it suits you.  Wouldn't look good on me, sadly with my enormous chest, would 'drape' enough to hide several bales of fabric under there........ hmm........

Holly Berry

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 16:22:54 PM »
That’s a great shape and is very slimming. The arrow takes your eyes upward to the darker colour which is always slimming. Good choice of fabric.
Procrastination get behind me

Efemera

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 16:57:53 PM »
I like it...

snoozi soozi

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 17:03:50 PM »
Me too
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 18:55:49 PM »
Thank you everyone.  The front and back views are fine, but the side-on view - well, you don't want to see it  :x

@Vezelay Yes thank you so much for the recommendation, I found it on ebay as it seems to just be an American pattern, it arrived on Friday, cut and sewed some Saturday and finished this morning.