The Sewing Place

Wednesday 10th July

Acorn

Re: Wednesday 10th July
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 11:51:48 AM »
It's very close and heavy here - I feel as though the sky is sitting on my head.  It has managed to squeeze out a bit of rain, but not enough to make a difference.  I planted some cosmos and a hydrangea just before it started to rain, and they could do with a good soaking, as could the lavender we planted a couple of days ago.

I am trying to choose a pattern to make a top with a lovely remnant (cotton I think, although it looks a lot like linen) that is only 1.3m long.  I have a couple of options, but can't make my mind up.  I do have a couple of pieces of toning linen that I could use with it, but that only makes things more confusing!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 11:53:59 AM »
PS  I'm also looking for a fabric with a black background and small red cars on it if anyone has any ideas!

Nevis5

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 12:03:07 PM »
Morning, all (just!)!  Sunny and warm here, at the moment.  It was horribly muggy first thing but the sun seems to have burnt off the moisture.  We've done the supermarket trot, then I sorted a few bits and pieces out here whilst DH was at the gym.  Now contemplating a little lunch before the chap turns up later to put up my new blinds  :loveit:  the refurb is finally almost at an end :)  just got to find some artworks for the walls and finish off my wretched curtains - picked up the extra rings today so all I have to do now is persuade DH to take the pole back down and add them to it.....will probably be Christmas, to be honest, as he hates DIY  :\

Heard yesterday from DS's pregnant partner that they may, just may, induce her on Friday.  I could be a grandmama by the weekend!!!  So ridiculously excited!  but worried about her, she's not happy at the prospect (triggered by the fact that she's just 40, and for no other reason, she's perfectly healthy) and I wouldn't want to be the one looking at childbirth again  :S

Have a lovely afternoon, everyone.  @Greybird and @maliw , hope you're feeling better soon.  I've had labrynthitis, it's horrible, so every sympathy to those feeling dizzy.  xx

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 13:11:47 PM »
Afternoon all.
@Nevis5 my stepdaughter and step DIL both had their boys just before they were 40.  They’re all fine.  But yes it does seem late to us now. 
@maliw and @Greybird you have my sympathy.  I’m still suffering from sciatica.  I find sitting uncomfortable too.  But then, so is standing, walking and laying down!  :). I have managed to wash the floors downstairs and clean the downstairs cloakroom.  That’s it!  I have to do things in bits when I can. 
Not sure what I will do with the rest of today.  Can’t concen too well at the moment.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 13:23:59 PM »
Cloudy here, very muggy, and we've had a few very light showers.  I'm wondering it they've finished now as I think the washing may have done and need hanging out.
We went to puppy class this morning, once she's calmed down from her initial excitement at seeing all the other people and pups,  and I get her attention, she's getting quite good.
This afternoon's job is to finish the dog toys I started yesterday.

Lowena

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 14:26:19 PM »
Still raining. Just finished my PL quilt. Bagged it and backed it with fleece so no wadding or binding needed. Relieved to have it finished....now I can embark on my Temperature Quilt  :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

hernibs

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 15:06:46 PM »
We've also had a really heavy muggy morning - little drizzle with it sometimes....thankfully the sun has now come through to give us what I hope will be the rest of the day lovely.

WendyW

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 15:20:19 PM »
My day is just getting started, and will hold some weeding of the garden, laundry, and a bike ride into town to pick up library books and pick up the key to a public meeting room for tomorrow night. Cloudy and breezy here, so the bike may become the car later.

maliw

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 15:44:46 PM »
Back from the doc's and as I thought so heres to a couple of weeks (at least) of feeling delightful - not. Still I've got tablets to help. Commiserations to all those of us feeling c---, hope you all feel better soon.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Greybird

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 16:12:36 PM »
Commiserations @maliw and @Ohsewsimple, @Nevis5  and @toileandtrouble  - hope you are all feeling better soon. I am finding one of the worst things is having to sit and look at all the things that need doing. The kitchen and bathroom floors haven't been done for 4 weeks! I did get the laundry done, although hanging it on the line wasn't an option, it's all been stuffed into the tumble dryer - heaven only knows what the electric bill will be! I found an ironing service to come and collect it so at least I am not staring at a heap of ironing. OH is very good and is doing loads but he just can't see what needs doing.

I have the carers coming in and getting Mum up in the mornings. She really doesn't like getting out of bad and she is very rude to them but they don't seem to mind. OH takes her back upstairs at night and we muddle through the rest!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 16:18:20 PM by Greybird »

Iminei

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 17:45:20 PM »
Good morning (!) Girls and boys ...

I have just returned and am sitting down to a LARGE Gin and tonic, with lots of ice after my first day in paid work since December 29th 2017.

What I hear you say ?? Work, where, when, how and why have we not been informed ??

Because two days ago I did not know ... I am spending 10 days in the Heart of the Wiltshire Countryside Rogue Oat picking !!

I am knackered! My back is aching, despite slathering on the factor 50 I have most definitely caught the sun and I am sooo happy!

They are paying me for this ??? Deep Joy!
All you can hear and see around you are the sounds of nature and the odd small plane droning over head!

Heaven! Back tomorrow!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

fajita

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 17:55:09 PM »
Congratulations @Iminei.   Are Rogue Oats exactly as they sound?

Iminei

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2019, 18:19:47 PM »
I have no idea ... they're oats getting into a field of proper oats ??!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

sewingj

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2019, 18:29:48 PM »
@Iminei  I've done my share of pulling rogue oats and can confirm it is knackering! And the little blighters keep popping up when you think you have finished.

Acorn

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2019, 18:31:05 PM »
I have the most fantastic images in my head...    :o

Well done Imi!   :D