The Sewing Place

Wednesday 10th July

Ohsewsimple

Re: Wednesday 10th July
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2019, 19:13:25 PM »
Well done @Iminei    Onwards and upwards. 

Nevis5

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2019, 19:37:25 PM »
Brilliant news, @Iminei !  You deserve a large G&T and probably a long soak in a hot bath xxx

WendyW

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2019, 19:50:27 PM »
My day took an unexpected turn! We've been talking with a contractor about some cement work on our garage floor, driveway and front sidewalk. Yesterday the last I heard was "We'll get you on the schedule." Right after my earlier post this morning he showed up at the door ready to get started. They had to postpone a larger project due to impending rain, and we were the beneficiaries of the circumstances. Caused a flurry of action as I had to wake my son who works nights to help. We had to relocate 3 cars- one of which I couldn't find the key for, 2 motorcycles- one of which is not functional, a bunch of random garage contents, and cut apart a shelf to allow access to a crack in the floor (the part that REALLY got under hubby's skin- but it's easily repaired when we have more time to create good access). But the work is in progress. They will do everything today except pour the new cement. My husband is fit to be tied, as he was already at work, can't supervise anything, hadn't finalized our financial arrangements for this project, and he really hates not being in control of such details. He does not roll well with the punches. I figure it will all work out in the end.

Lowena

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2019, 20:48:09 PM »
Well done  @Iminei a foot on the ladder, the world's your oyster ( or oatcake ) Enjoy your  :gin:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2019, 20:55:42 PM »
...My husband is fit to be tied, as he was already at work, can't supervise anything, hadn't finalized our financial arrangements for this project, and he really hates not being in control of such details. He does not roll well with the punches. I figure it will all work out in the end.

Mr Acorn would probably pay good money to be at work when anything was being done on the house.  He hates being here when there are workmen around!  And it has to be said that one the two occasions (in 32 years) that he has been left in charge of workmen he has given them instructions to do things that were completely wrong, and in one case made a great deal of extra work for him later (he told them to put the wall lights in the alcoves either side of the fire, where he was going to put built in shelves, instead of on the walls above the settees where they would give useful light).
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

hernibs

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2019, 20:59:34 PM »
Congratualtions on the paid work but oh.....the pain....a long soak in the bath!!

Greybird

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2019, 22:37:49 PM »
Are rogue oats anything to do with wild oats?

BrendaP

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2019, 22:46:30 PM »
Well done @Iminei  though I guess you are tucked up in bed by now ready for another day with the wild rogue oats. 

I hope you don't stiffen up too much.  I've been hobbling round all day after yesterday's Pilates sessions - she had us doing some lunges  :o  Usually after a more strenuous session it takes a good 24 hours for the stiffnes to set in, but this morning I woke up feeling it.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

b15erk

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2019, 08:51:56 AM »
Great news @Iminei !  I hope your back, and your energy levels hold up!

Just keep thinking of the quilting supplies you will be able to buy with your wages!

Cheers  :toast:

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2019, 10:18:02 AM »
PS  I'm also looking for a fabric with a black background and small red cars on it if anyone has any ideas!

@Acorn did you find any? I've seen some with red London buses in Fabrics Galore  -<
👓 changing the world, one stitch at a time

wrenkins

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2019, 10:34:25 AM »
@Acorn did you find any? I've seen some with red London buses in Fabrics Galore  -<
Wee threads like this make me laugh.
@snoozi soozi wanders off ...."who was it wanted stuff with cars on? Oh who was it.... oh Yes it was @Acorn ...now where did I see it?!?!?!? 0_0 0_0 0_0
Fashion fades, style is forever!

Acorn

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2019, 10:52:20 AM »
Thanks @snoozi soozi but they really do have to be cars.   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

StitchinTime

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2019, 11:14:09 AM »
@Acorn I've found red and white cars on a grey background in polycotton at WeaverDee but red cars on black is proving challenging for Google.

Lizzy777

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2019, 11:46:05 AM »

@Acorn

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Impala-Classic-Car-Cars-Red-Vintage-Fabric-Printed-by-Spoonflower-BTY-/283439989029

Thats the only one I could find when I looked the other day. Will keep looking though. Think I saw a UK one but was on navy fabric?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:13:48 PM by Lizzy777 »

snoozi soozi

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2019, 12:03:56 PM »
@wrenkins that's exactly how it is, 'stumbled' upon the red buses this morning while browsing only  :devil: and remembered the request from who was it again?  :loveit:
👓 changing the world, one stitch at a time