The Sewing Place

It’s Saturday!!! 13th July

Lowena

Re: It’s Saturday!!! 13th July
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2019, 15:51:26 PM »
I don't follow tennis at all @hernibs and @justpottering  but I've never taken to Roger Federer.... and he has a squashed in face . ND and RN are both prettier  :|  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

justpottering

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2019, 16:11:36 PM »
Awww I love Roger’s face I was thinking that Novak is very angular of face and not such a natural mover as Roger
It’s like when you watch dancers like Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly their movements look natural rather than learned
 0_0 0_0

I used to be an  avid tennis fan @Lowena even played some (not badly either) but these days I only catch it now and again and only if I’m not doing anything which is hardly ever  :S
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 16:14:44 PM by justpottering »
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Lowena

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2019, 17:43:29 PM »
We follow Essex and England cricket religiously. OH was a team manager and both our boys played to a very good standard. We follow football but less avidly . Colchester United re our team but we follow it all really.
Every other sport I like to know who's top and look out for any Brits, but don't watch or listen.
Judd Trump is my favourite snooker player..... who could resist such a name ? :D :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

hernibs

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2019, 19:32:28 PM »
Well, three events all over....England have done it after a draw in the super over....well done!
Novak has also triumphed over Roger and
Louis has triumped at Silverstone.

Now maybe life will return to normal whatever that is.

hernibs

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2019, 19:34:05 PM »
Now folks - Open Golf being played this week in Portrush, Northern Ireland - on the beautiful Causeway Coast.  Hope you enjoy watching and trusting the weather is favourable.